Purpose of the Role
This position requires a creative and production savvy individual with exceptional conceptual and design skills who will utilize the full capabilities of Creative Services to design effective creative packages for our internal stakeholders & external clients. This individual will be required to juggle multiple projects at any given time and is expected to make critical on-the- spot decisions.
Areas of Responsibility
The Design Lead is to provide overall direction of the WarnerMedia Entertainment Portfolio including but not limited to HBO & its plexes, Cinemax, HBO Family, HBO Hits, HBO Signature, HBO GO, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Oh!K, Warner TV. (40%)
• This individual will be expected to play a hands-on production role in the creation of print ads, key art, creative concepts, opening & end credits, Design Premium items, mood boards, Stunt story boards/Pitches, Style frames/Style Guide and Brand Deck as need for projects in the department.
• Be able to work closely with Brand guardians & Creative Director to develop enticing campaigns, stunts.
• Lead the designers making sure all projects are on brand and assure design quality is up to its requirements.
• This individual will be an expert using the primary production software used by the department, and a strong working knowledge of the production tools in other disciplines.
The Design Lead will need to work with the Creative Director and Brand Guardians (Executive Producer/Senior Producer) to support Content, Original Productions, Marketing, Ad-sales team initiatives as well as Corporate needs. (20%)
• Expected to work with various Brand Guardians under Creative Director's direction to create Key art and multi-platform art works that fits the brief and project parameters.
• Deliver innovative ideas and concepts across all brand initiatives
The Design Lead will play a mentorship and visionary role for the department. (15%)
• Check in and provide creative solutions for Designers, Compositors, CG Artists and Production Artists on a daily basis.
• Regularly assess the performance of artists on the team and provide performance information to the department heads.
• Lead by example in matters pertaining to company policy, Turner Values and performance.
• Help set the vision for the department as it relates to determining production software and hardware.
• The Design Lead will manage, mentor and guide junior designers & freelancers.
The Design Lead will be expected to have a strong understanding of Budgets and Processes. Be able to balance Creative with Budget and Timely delivery. (10%)
• Will ensure necessary creative adjustments are made in order to keep projects on-track.
• This individual will also delegate tasks to all personnel assigned to his/her team and will work closely with Creative Directors, Brand Guardians, Production Managers, Producers, and clients to manage scope and project expectations.
It's imperative that the Design Lead communicates clearly with everyone involved on projects regarding expectations, changes to scope and schedule, technical issues, and decisions impacting workflow.
The Design Lead will work with Production Managers, brand guardians and producers to accurately estimate personnel resources needed for projects. (5%)
• Understanding the latest techniques and being able to correctly identify the most efficient creative/production path will be necessary for accurate estimates.
• Have an implicit knowledge of every artist's skill set is key in providing the most dependable estimate for projects.
The Design Lead will need innovate new creative solution and push the department forward. (10%)
• This individual will have in-depth knowledge of various production methods. Including those used by other departments within studios, such as Production, CG & Post.
• He/she will remain well-versed with industry trends and new techniques and be able to apply new-found knowledge to current work.
• Constantly share and inspire the team.
• 8-10 years working experience. Have an array of multi-platform portfolio that supports creative expertise.
• Ability to listen, communicate and translate concepts into clear, engaging visual narratives that amplify brands under WarnerMedia.
• Above average skills in Design Adobe suite. Photoshop. Aftereffects. Illustrator.
• Broad knowledge and experience in Maxon Cinema 4D
• Fluent in communication
• Years of experience: 8-10 in creative production for an on-air promotions or creative services department.
• Experience in -3-4 years management experience running a design team.
• Broad knowledge and experience in the Asia Pacific markets (e.g. Malaysia, The Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan) and entertainment television (Kids and GE)
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi task projects at various stages of completion.
• Ability to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels.
• General knowledge of Events design / Activation
• Fluent in English is desirable, additional language is a plus
• Ability to art direct live shoots
• Able to give direction and manage multiple projects. Experienced in leading others, able to manage scope of projects, On-Air, Print, Digital and activation experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1vpx-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.