WarnerMedia Operations group is seeking a GCO Portfolio Delivery Office & Programme Lead to help establish a Centre of Excellence by implementing project and programme delivery best practices, standards and foster a culture for project professionals to share knowledge with their peers within the PMO, and to have oversight of and manage the implementation of strategic initiatives through projects and programmes in a fast-paced environment.
This position will support multiple, cross-functional global teams within the WMTO Global Content Operations group and will have a strong focus on delivering strategic benefits and new capabilities for the global business.
The PDO will develop a 'Centre of Excellence' that will aim to achieve stated business outcomes and quality metrics, delivery consistency and oversight of projects and programmes across an enterprise by developing and maintaining project delivery methodologies, standards and tools. It establishes the full lifecycle of a project/programme from planning to closure and aids with benefits management and realisation.
The role will assume Programme and Project Lead delivery responsibilities from time to time, when demand necessitates.
GCO Portfolio Delivery Office
• Project Management Support
• Align resources to provide project management to ensure projects are delivered on time, within the stated scope, and on budget
• Ensure successful execution of projects and programmes according to key performance indicators
• Strategic Alignment
• Ensuring business and WMTO strategic initiatives delivered though the GCO group are prioritised and delivered successfully
• Acting as a trusted strategic advisor to work alongside business leaders to help determine which projects should be undertaken and understanding the why and when
• Project Governance
• Develop a process for evaluating, prioritising, resourcing, and onboarding projects across the Operations team and core business functions (e.g. Finance, HR)
• Provide executive leadership team with the ability to rank projects by priority (set against strategic objectives) and compare them to make decisions on which projects to Start, Continue and Stop
• Project Tracking and Monitoring
• Track and provide project status updates
• Create an internal project health check process and template and conduct regular internal project health checks and suggest improvements to the portfolio lead, as well as the project managers
• Portfolio Operating Model
• Establish the Portfolio Delivery Office & Programme Lead role, operating model, and areas of focus for future projects and project requirements
• Understand the strategic objectives, and be an integral member of the team to establish and implement prioritisation guardrails for projects, which are yet to start and those in progress, so the optimum set of projects which drive the largest amount of benefits to the organisation are run
• Portfolio Roadmap
• Working with leaders across WMTO Operations and the WarnerMedia core business, create strategic roadmaps of upcoming initiatives (which will be delivered through projects and programmes) and resources required for those projects in agreement with the senior leadership team
• Constantly communicate changes to the roadmap, so all levels of stakeholders are aware
• Business Engagement
• Foster supportive relationships between business stakeholders and project leaders to show the value of project management and being benefits driven, including making the business aware of new Portfolio and Project strategies and processes; increasing the business's confidence in the Portfolio being able to deliver the project(s) and the stated benefits
• Identification of new opportunities for business growth and optimisations by partnering with WMTO Operations leaders' and across the WarnerMedia core business
• Business Cases and Change Management
• Partner with the Change Management team for projects which involve changes to users, allowing them to have a smooth journey before transition commences, during and after transition, when the benefits are being monitored and achieved
• Create, implement and monitor the business case process and template and learn from experiences, to improve the process and content within a business case for future projects
• Portfolio Support
• Implement KPI scorecards for project/programme performance so that improvements can be made where necessary, to be used as early warning flags where projects/programmes might begin to run 'off-track'
• Identify training needs for the team members within the portfolio and make suggestions to the leadership team
Programme & Project Leadership
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables which support the business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
• Develop high-level and detailed project plans with milestones, dependencies, resources and define the critical path
• Develop a communication plan which can work for projects and programmes
• Liaise with project stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of a project
• Estimate resources required to achieve the project goals
• Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend budget changes when necessary
Skills & Experience
• Minimum 5 years of management/leadership experience in programme, project management, planning and implementing processes
• Proven track record and relevant experience as a project/programme leader and/or delivery manager and/or launch manager in the media and/or digital and/or entertainment space, with a demonstrable record of delivering complex programmes of media related/IT based change initiatives
• Experience with traditional waterfall and agile delivery methodology and development methods (e.g. PRINCE2 Scrum, Kanban). Knowledge of how to apply both in coexistence, i.e. WAGILE, also would be an advantage
• Experience dealing with external development vendors and third-party service providers.
• Strong product, analytical and technology skills, complemented by a good understanding of content supply chain workflows
• Strong team player and ability to collaborate with and influence stakeholders (including external vendors) to resolve issues, constraints and cross-project interdependencies
• Ability to deal with high-levels of ambiguity and to adapt plans as required throughout delivery.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to operate successfully in a cross-cultural environment
• Credibility as a senior-level program/project leader
• Strategic thinker – ability to manage multiple and complex objectives and deadlines in the context of the big picture
• Team leader – the ability to mentor, coach, and effectively transfer expertise to others
• Must be educated to BSc/BA degree level or be able to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities the position requires from previous experience
• Must have a minimum and proven 5 years industry experience with technical subjects and/or emerging technologies, and/or product and/or project management
• Must have a professional qualification in project management
Submit to job
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p5x0-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.