Sr. Financial Analyst
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Deal Management Lead for the FCRA Participations department. As a Deal Management Lead, you will:
• Analyze, interpret, and summarize complex financial reporting provisions of talent, production, and distribution agreements related to video game, home entertainment, television, and theatrical product.
• Review agreement summaries prepared by other team members and provide feedback and training as necessary.
• Liaise with business affairs, legal, and other key stakeholders to ensure financial reporting is in compliance with contractual intent and applicable laws.
• Coordinate and communicate with various business units and groups within WB to identify and track both new product and revisions to existing financial agreements for library product. Maintain status and workflow reports to ensure agreements and revisions are administered in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Setup, review and maintain deals in WB systems to support profit participation reporting, as needed.
• Perform and/or supervise special projects, analysis and research (e.g. participant and auditor queries, etc.), including analyzing agreements, court documents, and financial statements.
• Identify efficiencies in various procedures and make recommendations to management on methods for improvement while communicating any obstacles and challenges.
• Assist in the implementation of appropriate internal controls (including SOX requirements).
• Develop and train staff, schedule work flow, and monitor team assignments.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or finance related field.
• 4+ years' experience in participations or a related field.
• Entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Extensive experience reading and interpreting legal agreements (experience with entertainment industry agreements strongly preferred).
• Ability to interface and interact with all levels of personnel and management.
• Outstanding time and workflow management skills to handle multiple and changing priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Expertise with Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Word.
• Ability to understand financial systems and data interfaces.
• Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast-paced, high volume environment and think outside the box.
• Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.
• Prior experience with workflow tracking software (e.g., JIRA) a plus.
• Excellent multitasking, organization and time management skills.
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Must be flexible to changing priorities.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, meet tight deadlines under a fast-paced environment and work overtime, as needed.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.