WHAT IS WIZARDING WORLD DIGITAL?
More than two decades ago, a young Harry Potter was whisked onto Platform 9 3⁄4 at King's Cross Station, and readers everywhere were swept along with him into a magical universe, created by J.K. Rowling. In the years since, the seven Harry Potter bestsellers have inspired eight blockbuster movies, an award-winning stage play, and, more recently, the start of the Fantastic Beasts five-film series. People of all ages have been enthralled by these extraordinary adventures, set within an expanding universe, inspired by the vision of J.K. Rowling.
Wizarding World Digital was formed as a JV between Warner Bros. and Pottermore, with a mission to provide a unified, expansive, innovative, franchise-wide digital experience for fans and to represent and support the whole franchise and its projects.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who will be responsible for implementing the digital tagging and analytics measurement strategy and supporting data collection on all platform implementations (currently Google Analytics 360 Suite and Salesforce, but the ideal candidate should be tool agnostic) and assuring the validity of the data on a continuing basis.
This role will function as the liaison with WarnerMedia's central Data Services organization and collaborate to deliver on WWD's overall needs as an organization.
The Data Analyst should be skilled in working with SQL, the Google Analytics 360 suite, and Business Intelligence tools, like Tableau.
The position is located at our offices in Los Angeles, but we are open to remote location for the right candidate.
• Responsible using data to support and enable the Wizarding World digital strategy and in response to the needs of Business Stakeholders.
• Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Centralize and standardize digital tracking, analytics, and associated data quality by working with developers and product experience team to determine appropriate metrics and behavior to track on new and existing properties.
• Administer analytics accounts, properties, user management, dashboards, and reports.
• Diagnose issues with existing platform configurations and tags, and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Analyze audience reach, engagement, and behavior metrics to help identify opportunities for growth.
• Support stakeholders to create custom reports for their business needs.
• Act as primary liaison with WarnerMedia data organization and help assess and onboard data tracking vendors.
• Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or related discipline.
• 3+ years of Web/App Analytics experience working with development teams, marketing teams, executives, and product managers.
• Thorough familiarity with Google Analytics 360 suite.
• Experience using R/Python in data-focused full stack environments (from data wrangling, to analysis, to visualizations.)
• Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment.
• Ability to foster teamwork and collaboration, but also able to work independently.
• A critical thinker with aptitude to isolate and fix technical issues related to the flow of data.
• Passionate about the accuracy of data and its value to inform business decisions.
• Experience in media a plus.
• Experience with A/B testing tools such as Optimizely, and project management tools such as Jira.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97969-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.