Vice President - Scripted Development
WarnerMedia seeks a Creative Executive for the Stage 13 department.
Responsible for gathering information and managing scripted development for Stage 13 content slate.
• Works with SVP & General Manager, Head of Scripted Content, and Scripted team to support scripted content strategy with a focus on diverse, distinctive voices, talent, and IP.
• Tracks and brings in talent and material with high conversion potential. Covers film/tv markets and festivals. Seeks out untapped markets and connects with creative communities locally and/or globally for IP, creators, and partnerships. Identifies and connects with notable talent aligned with Stage13's mission for potential partnerships.
• Manages creative on projects from pitch, development, production, post-production, and marketing. Works directly with creators on concept/script development. Coordinates and manages critical information and workflow with production team and stakeholders. Reviews episodic material and give notes throughout all phases from development through production and marketing.
• Reviews and assesses new and existing slate of material and projects. Provides clear and rigorous analysis based on key variables (e.g.: story, talent, market, audience, culture, etc.)
• Initiates and supports relationships with talent, agents/managers, production companies, network executives, and partners. Taps into networks to acquire necessary market intelligence to support internal strategies
• Develops pitches and presentation decks. Works with team to pitch projects and creators to potential partners, talent representation and buyers.
• Tracks, analyzes, and forecasts relevant cultural and market trends across a variety of mediums, formats, and platforms.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years experience within the entertainment industry.
• 2-4 years hands-on experience with one or more of the following: tv/film development; on-set producing (series, features, and/or short form); talent development/representation with focus on writers and/or filmmakers.
• College degree
or equivalent required
• Ability to assess and manage projects with a high level of quality control, cultural integrity and authenticity.
• Expertise and passion for diverse and global stories, talent, and IP.
• Track record advocating for and collaborating with diverse talent and IP.
• Skill collaborating with talent with strengths in identifying unique voices, break-out material, or ideas at early stages.
• Robust network of industry and talent relationships.
• Strong working knowledge of marketplace, buyers, talent representatives, and executives particularly, across scripted series space.
• Passionate, curious and discerning consumer of tv, film, pop culture, art, literature and media. Has a clear point of view and taste while open and perceptive in assimilating new ideas, sensibilities and perspectives.
• Nuanced grasp of audience tastes and trends across fan affinities, generations, and mindsets. Tapped into the social and cultural zeitgeist.
• Strong grasp of story, structure and genre fundamentals across mediums ats.
• Entrepreneurial and innovative in approach to identifying and sourcing IP and talent.
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy collaborating with team members, senior managers, stakeholders, talent, and partners.
• Skilled in discussing intersectional issues in creative/production process with sensitivity and diplomacy.
• Top quality written and verbal communication skills with ability to read the room.
• Skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple projects at same time with fast-paced/fast-changing environment.
• Strategic thinker and problem-solver.
• Results-oriented, highly self-motivated.
• Willing to be adaptable and flexible working in off-hour schedules.
• Willing to travel.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yjb6-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.