Analyst, Content Protection & Analysis
We currently have an opportunity for Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs to join the Corporate Legal department supporting Warner Bros. Pictures Worldwide Marketing Group. The position reports to the Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs.
• Provide legal support and counsel to digital, promotions, publicity, media, targeted marketing, creative advertising and special events groups in association with motion picture life cycle marketing activities both domestically and internationally.
• Work closely with digital marketing group to develop and successfully execute multi-layered campaigns, which include, among other activations, real time marketing, native advertising, social influencer campaigns, and user generated content activations.
• Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements, including partner co-promotion and sponsorship agreements, content license agreements, advertising agency and media agreements, software license and platform license agreements, social influencer agreements, vendor agreements, venue agreements, live streaming, and consumer data-related agreements.
• Evaluate apps, websites, games, children's websites and VR activations from development through launch for legal compliance.
• Structure, review and draft sweepstakes and contest rules and review supporting marketing materials for Warner Bros. and partner sponsored promotions.
• Review and clear marketing collateral. Draft and review required licenses, releases and agreements.
• Provide legal support in connection with various television and animation home entertainment releases. Assist in reviewing and clearing ancillary content/bonus materials including evaluating intellectual property, contractual, and guild issues.
• Coordinate with Warner Bros. legal groups in other businesses and territories.
• Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school and California Bar member.
• At least 4 - 6 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience.
• Extensive knowledge of digital media.
• Must be able to build strong internal client relationships, effectively advise senior-level executives and produce strong client satisfaction through practical and strategic thinking.
• Must possess strong drafting skills.
• Must be well-versed in FTC Testimonial and Endorsement Guides, FTC Native Advertising Guides, COPPA, CARU, privacy, data, behavioral advertising, and intellectual property (as it pertains to advertising materials).
• Must be able to evaluate and assess risks under tight time frames.
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize multiple projects.