Sr. Financial Analyst - Participations
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Director, Planning & Analysis for the Financial Planning & Analysis department. Spearheads preparation of Financial Review packages for planning cycles, including summary P&L activity, business unit drivers and variance narration. Also oversees other reporting requirements, such as Intercompany and Franchise Reporting. Responsible for maintaining BDS calendar, implementing significant process improvements and creating/maintaining the procedures manual. Often leads coordination / communication with Warner Bros. divisions and WarnerMedia.
• Responsible for the Financial Review presentation for each Forecast period and the Budget/long-term plan, including:
• Narrative analysis of Quarter/Year to Prior Plan, Budget and Prior Year.
• By-title gross profit analysis across TV, TH, Home Entertainment, Games, & Kids divisions.
• Oversee access to SAP and other systems.
• Oversee charts / graphs as necessary.
• Monthly Close Reporting, including:
• Narrative analysis for Month / Quarter to Prior Plan, Budget and Prior Year.
• Determines list of company headlines.
• Investigates material discrepancies within BDS and across other departments.
• Supervises version controls, manages iterative updates & responsible for accuracy.
• Prepares ad-hoc analysis schedules as needed.
• Reviews by-title costing and consolidated analysis from Sr. Financial Analyst.
• Coordinates with Warner Bros. divisions and WarnerMedia on outputs, deliverables, questions; oversees policy document.
• Creation/Maintenance of Executive Dashboards.
• Oversees the collection of input schedules from divisions, reviews for accuracy and distributes to the broader working group.
• Review earnings materials as necessary.
• Coordinates procedures and department communication with the greater finance group.
• Responsible for the continual improvement of analytical reports & processes to create time savings.
• Responsible for creating / maintaining processes and onboarding manual.
• Handles other special projects as required.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Economics or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
• CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in FP&A/Budgeting/Financial Strategy or related environment required.
• Previous experience in public accounting and/or the entertainment industry strongly preferred.
• Supervisory experience required.
• High level of accountability, self-initiative and resourcefulness in order drive output for BDS department.
• Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the ''big picture''.
• Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements.
• Effective written / verbal communication skills in order to coordinate across Warner Bros./WarnerMedia & ATT.
• Strong supervisory and personnel development skills; including ability to effectively mentor staff.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel required; familiarity with developing & utilizing complex formulas in Excel required.
• SAP BW/BPS/Hyperion experience extremely helpful.