Coordinator, Content Origination
The Content Origination Coordinator is responsible for providing Master Control services for multiple network brand clients. This role is the ''last line of defense'' in contextually screening our network's content during playout, switching live events, and intervening as needed to provide the highest quality experience for our viewers. This includes monitoring the on-air feeds for all networks, managing network automation and log applications and ensuring all redundancies are in place and enacted when primary sources fail. The Coordinator performs these tasks globally and must be familiar with the nuances of all networks.
Ensure quality of our signal to air
• Responsible for ensuring quality of outgoing linear network feeds that are distributed to Multi Video Platform Distributors
• Monitor status in a Monitor-By-Exception environment and immediately respond to and address and alarms.
• Demonstrate proficiency with all equipment, workflows and procedures in Master Control playout.
• Quickly troubleshoot on-air problems and execute disaster recovery protocols
• Ensure all scheduled elements air correctly with proper video and audio specificactions
• Identify and resolve any discrepancies between network schedule and on-air playout
• Monitor equipment for device failures and partner with Engineering to resolve failures
• Ensure onsite playout chains are in sync with offsite playout chain ensure playlists are synchronized.
• Communicate effectively with oncoming operator to ensure a smooth transition between shifts.
Ensure quality of media
• Pre-screen media prior to air to ensure accurate delivery of the on-air product
• Effectively prioritize QC strategy based on proximity to air and content type.
• Ensure media meets the required audio specifications depending on the network
• Confirm accuracy of media metadata in automation playout
• If media fails to meet required specifications, communicate and execute all protocols involved in the QC Fail process.
• Remain up to date on all network processes.
• Give operators breaks as needed.
• Assisting in special projects and provide additional support to address any gaps in completing the daily workload.
• Participate in training and practice sessions for new and existing processes
• Minimum 1 yr. experience in a Broadcast Ops or similar media or operations environment
• Windows and other business-related software
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent (minimum)
• Accredited Broadcast – technical School Degree (minimum)
• Digital experience preferred.
• Experience in a Live Events/Live Streaming environment
• Automation and/or software playlist experience desired.
• Ability to communicate effectively, work under stress and perform as part of a team
• Broadcast or media production workflow experience.
• Some College Experience – emphasis in Communications, Broadcasting or Technology
• College degree or equivalent (desirable)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwnw1n-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.