Job Description –
The Content Transmission Specialist I primary tasks are to provide transmission services across News, Sports and Entertainment. This position requires a willingness to learn and a basic knowledge of Broadcast Television, various transmission formats over satellite, fiber and IP, related transmit and receive equipment, WarnerMedia engineering infrastructure, transmission services and associated internal clients, and vendor services. Build a working knowledge or an Understanding of the fulltime and occasional use receive and transmit infrastructure that connects WarnerMedia, CNN bureaus and affiliates, vendors, and remote locations used for planned events and breaking news is required.
This position requires a flexible working shift to include days, nights, weekends and overnights. Will be expected to work during breaking news emergency situations. A Content Transmission Specialist will spend a minimum of a year or more training extensively on satellite technology, computer systems used at Warner Media while following department procedures and becoming well equipped to service our clients.
• Work closely with key customers, vendors, engineering and operations on the planning, oversight, execution, troubleshooting, and budgeting of transmissions across the group.
• Manage and track accurate cost accruals and billing to customers, working closely with Business Administration.
• Ability to work across Warner Media teams
• Learn to become fully proficient in the current and future Scheduling System(s) used for provisioning transmissions, cost accruals and billing.
• Build a working knowledge of all technical internal and external systems used to deliver transmission services.
• Document technical information in the daily operations to provision and execute transmissions.
• Work well under pressure, be able to multitask, be extremely detail oriented, have great organization skills, communicate effectively and provide excellent customer service to our customers.
• Position requires a broad knowledge of television production and engineering abilities, procedures and equipment used. Prefer college degree with newsroom or industry related experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d987pk-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.