Comms Tech Operator, Sports (Temporary)
WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
WarnerMedia News & Sports brings together all of WarnerMedia's live programming and best-in-class digital properties. From CNN Worldwide providing news and information services to more than 2 billion people, in more than approximately 200 countries and territories, to Turner Sports leading the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens, there's no limit to the reach you can have working here.
• The Job
• Communications Tech Operator for Remote broadcast shows. The Comms Tech Op will work closely with the Technical Operations Team to ensure all communications between networks, divisions, and channels are upkept.
• • The Daily:
• Maintain first line support of services and equipment, troubleshooting, resolution and escalation, in close partnership with the Engineering Department
• Provide times and countdowns to external content providers for live events
• Handle all daily communication between channels and play out control, e.g. playlist deliveries/updates, live transmission preparation, graphic scheduling etc.
• Compile daily discrepancy reports on the service of the play out centre and the channels
• The Essentials:
• Demonstrable interest in working in the broadcasting industry
• Willing to listen and learn from more experienced peers, Strong team worker
• Good communication skills
• Enthusiasm for a broad range of sports
• Passion for technology and computing
• The Nice to Haves:
• Must be willing to travel from home market
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpb0q4-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.