Open to remote work in the US
The Cloud Security Architect will provide hands-on technical engineering and ownership of WarnerMedia's growing public cloud security program. They will work closely with various development and operations teams to build secure and robust systems for serving all WarnerMedia internationally.
A combination of technical acumen and creative thinking is necessary to address matters of threat identification and mitigation. Unlike other security organizations, a consultative and collaborative mindset is of paramount importance. While this job does not have formal personnel management responsibilities, the person filling this role is expected to lead and mentor team members and those in other technical roles who are critical to the successful deliver of WarnerMedia's holistic cybersecurity strategy.
What will you be doing:
• Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) on public cloud security matters for WarnerMedia globally
• Develops and revises cloud security standards as well as best practices documentation
• Participate in working groups that tailor the company's security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
• Translate security and technical requirements into business requirements and communicate security risks to different audiences ranging from business leaders to engineers.
• Lead and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating cyber security controls
• Provide security architecture and systems engineering consulting to other IT and business teams.
• Develop key risk indicators which can demonstrably measure the security posture of cloud infrastructure
• Recommend automation of security controls to ensure an effective and efficient control posture
• Stay current on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
• Drive improvement of our security detection posture for public cloud security.
• Serve as an escalation point for cloud security related investigation with the Digital Forensics and Incident Response team.
What do we require from you?
• At least 5 years experience in information technology with a minimum 2 years in information security or cloud engineering
• Some experience working with Information Security programs.
• Experience deploying automated AWS infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation and AWS Python SDK
• Experience working with multiple AWS accounts and several VPCs in each account and managing the monitoring of security settings at an enterprise level.
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, security architecture, and standards
• Deep technical knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure
• Able to demonstrate clear understanding of current threats to Cloud Infrastructure and/or IT infrastructures at technical and managerial levels.
• Able to automate/script daily tasks through Python, bash, or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81oxm-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.