Business Systems Analyst (12 months contract)
System Support - 40%
• Support WM entity custom or packaged or proprietary applications by responding to customer requests for assistance, documenting the problems and actions taken using appropriate tracking tools, coordinating with other team members as necessary to resolve the problem, and communicating resolution to the customer and other appropriate parties in a timely manner. May provide 24 hour on-call customer support, as necessary for critical production issues that occur outside normal business hours as notified by phone.
• Support customers by identifying and researching problem trends and working with internal or external subject matter experts to correct and proactively prevent further problems by recommending and/or implementing bug-fixes, application enhancements, customer training, or other measures
• Support customers by assisting with the execution of daily processes and by providing instructions and steps to enable the customer to take ownership of those processes.
Business Analysis - 25%
• Perform general process/systems analysis activities on projects of medium size/length/risk, such as gathering and documenting business rules, user workflow, and system functional requirements.
• Create documents and presentations to prepare for the impact of application changes, enhancements, or implementations.
• Facilitate meetings with customers to determine and prioritize their business and system requirements for specific projects. Document and analyze requirements (e.g. business system, security, conversion, and report) to determine feasibility and recommend business process improvements where appropriate. Develop meeting agendas, minutes, and subsequent communication documents.
• Work with software developer and/or vendors to create functional design and document technical specifications.
• Facilitate meetings in support of project teams and customers. Perform walkthroughs and/or prototype demonstrations.
Training and Development - 10%
• Participate in the creation, documentation, and delivery of training for custom or packaged applications; work with other team members to understand training requirements, application functionality, and documentation needs. Train customers on an individual or ad-hoc basis as needed.
• Perform training administration and classroom/material preparation as requested.
• Attend training and undertake self- initiated development activities for personal and career growth.
Reporting - 10%
• Run, create, and/or develop system reports to provide information to the business unit/client that ensures the business unit has all the information it needs to make informed decisions in a timely manner and achieve competitive advantage.
• Make adjustments to existing reports to meet new or changing business needs.
• Meet with end users to identify reporting gaps. Write reports that fulfill identified business needs and train customers where necessary to run and write ad hoc reports.
Quality Assurance - 15%
• Participate in the coordination and implementation of quality assurance activities such as User Acceptance Testing.
• Perform QA and work with developers/DBAs to manage data conversion including analysis of existing data, conversion process, and data verification for project implementations.
• Proven experience in software development, report writing, technical support, or related IT experience
• Proficient skills using the MS Office suite and process modeling and reporting tools (e.g., Visio, SQL reports, Crystal, QlikView, MicroStrategy)
• Experience with client-server architecture, Web Enabled Applications, and SOA
• Experience with structured development methodology
• Experience with relational databases and queries
• Excellent Analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Good communications skills (written/verbal) – English required
• Demonstrated ability to work as an integral part of a successful team
• Degree in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
• At least one year hands-on functional experience in an IT & system support function is preferred
• MSSQL/ SSRS/ SSIS experience a plus
• Knowledge of vendors and technologies in Broadcast
• Experience in the Media, Financial, or Legal industries.
• A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is a requirement.
• Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment are essential.
• Ability to work in a team based environment as a model of customer service, teamwork, and leadership. Readiness to work with team members to ensure 24/7/365 coverage for our customers. Excellent customer services skills with attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of an organization from executive ranks to entry level staff.
• Ability to work effectively across different time zones and willingness to travel across EMEA and/or APAC as required
This person must have a willingness to do what it takes to support the business. Due to the time pressures and international nature of the company out of hours requirements will be a necessity. This person is acting as an ambassador for WarnerMedia and will need to ensure that they represent the business in the best possible way and are at all times looking to ensure the best stewardship of the resources available.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjxo4-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.