The Business Intelligence Engineer will be responsible for partnering with WarnerMedia International stakeholders to develop and deliver analytics and reporting capabilities. To be successful in the role you'll need to be intellectually curious, detail-oriented, open to new ideas, and possess data skills and a strong aptitude for quantitative methods. The role requires experience with SQL-like tools, familiarity with modern data warehouses, knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., python) and statistical background. Experience with predictive modeling or machine learning a plus.
• Develop and deliver analytics and reporting capabilities for WarnerMedia's International BI products, that include a focus on consistency, scale and operational excellence, providing ''self-serve'' and ''real-time'' information solutions.
• Create and maintain semantic layers, metadata, interactive reports and dashboards using various BI/Analytics tools.
• Develop and maintain standards for administration and operation including the scheduling, running, monitoring, logging, management of errors, recovery from failures, and validation of outputs.
• Contribute to the project planning process by estimating tasks and deliverables.
• Work closely with Business Intelligence Managers, Business users, Data Architects, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters and peer developers to understand requirements, design and develop BI solutions.
• Utilise 1st party consumer data to improve audience experiences and product performance.
• Help out with complex analytical tasks
• BS in computer science, System engineer, math, physics or equivalent education/training/experience.
• 4+ years solid experience as a database developer in OLAP environment.
• Experience with data management/business intelligence concepts, methodologies, and technologies
• Deep knowledge of developing 1st party consumer data models for analytical use
• Familiarity with BI tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
• Proven experience working in Analytics/Business Intelligence environment
• Expert knowledge in SQL
• Expertise in database platforms such as RDBMS or NOSQL platforms
• Experience with ''big data'' platform such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs or cloud based tools such as Amazon Redshift.
• Familiar with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
• Self-starter, team oriented and very analytical mindset
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
• Track record of consistently delivering projects and taking accountability for work and results.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to partner with various teams (non-technical to technical)
• Demonstrates forward thinking and plans ahead for potential roadblocks; comprehends bigger picture of the business strategy.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills
• Coding skills in one of the modern languages Java, Python, Scala, or R
• Specific application experience with media, Web analytics and consumer data systems will be a plus.
• Preference for prior technology or media company experience
• Experience working with statistical or machine learning packages (R, Python Scikit-learn)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro38v2-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.