Associate Editor (Multiverse)
The Associate Editor role assists the Group Editor in creation, development, and maintenance of DC Comics with an eye toward both the direct and bookstore markets.
The Daily (aka Responsibilities)
• Assists the Group Editor with creation, development, and production of DC Comics, including monthly periodicals, limited-run premium periodicals, creator-owned series, media tie-in comics, collected editions, and custom projects.
• Edits minimum equivalent of two to four monthly titles, under the supervision of the Group Editor.
• Copy-edits and proofreads books to ensure accuracy.
• Assists editors in maintaining story continuity.
• Identifies and recommends potential talent and maintains relationships with current talent.
• Identifies and recommends potential new projects, particularly aimed at direct, bookstore, global, and mass markets.
• Generates and maintain vouchers/contracts for talent as needed.
• Populates necessary materials for solicitations and collected editions, including writing synopses, back cover copy, and solicitation text as needed.
• Other duties/projects as assigned.
The Essentials (aka knowledge and skills section)
• Two or more years of related experience as an Assistant Editor or above.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully (both verbally and in writing) with managers and other levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to organize.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Must have the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple project elements simultaneously
• Knowledge of core comic book mythologies and terminology required.
• Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of comic book industry strongly preferred.
• Copy-editing and proofreading skills preferred.
• Proficiency in MS Office/Outlook or Mac equivalent required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat required.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop) preferred.
The Nice to Haves
• Interest in global business and cultures.
• Interest in film, television, and book markets as well as familiarity with talent working in those environments.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq9v2-34-239-177-24-42 in your application.