We are looking for a Temporary Associate Counsel for a Maternity Leave replacement!
What part will you play?
The Privacy & Data Strategy Center of Expertise (COE) brings together a global team of legal, privacy, and technology professionals to drive WarnerMedia's consumer-first global privacy strategy. The work of the COE helps WarnerMedia's 30,000+ employees and staff comply with privacy-related legal requirements, provide personalized and innovative consumer experiences that meet business goals, and build consumer trust by offering transparency, control, and optionality around how data is used.
Reporting to the Senior Counsel, LATAM, the Associate Counsel position advises LATAM and US business executives and technology stakeholders on a range of consumer privacy and information security issues, including counselling on how to comply with relevant privacy and consumer protection laws in the region, with a primary focus on data protection and privacy laws of Brazil (LGPD), Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Ideal candidates for this role should have some familiarity with Europe's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as recent US laws that are very pertinent to our business such as the California Consumer Privacy Act, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, the California Privacy Rights Act, etc. The role will partner with teams across WM Legal, Technology, Business, and Brand teams in the LATAM region and globally.
The primary focus of this role will be on assisting our global and LatAm teams with consumer-related privacy issues, including advising on adult and children's privacy issues, advertising technology, digital marketing, online streaming, and ad sales. This role may also advise our HR and productions teams on privacy matters involving employees and crews.
What do we require from you?
• Minimum 4 years' experience in consumer privacy, digital advertising, analytics, anonymization/pseudonymization of data, and other consumer privacy topics, data governance, and employee privacy issues.
• Experience advising a global company on privacy issues throughout Latin America.
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills.
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office suite of tools.
Bonus points for?
• A combination of in-house and private practice experience.
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry.
• Knowledge of targeted marketing of consumers using deidentified information.
• Knowledge of global cybersecurity laws, regulations and standards, including PCI standards.
• Technology, computer science, engineering background and/or experience working closely with engineers to define technical requirements or implement privacy program requirements.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro33q6-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.