Business Intelligence Analyst
Responsible for the day-to-day detail management of the production. They work closely with the Producer and/or Studio Production Heads to ensure that the production stays on schedule and within the approved budget.
• Manage personnel and operational issues. Assist in maintaining the day-to-day granular detail of the production schedule. Communicate frequently with the Producer, Creative Leads and Directors, Production staff, and all Artists to ensure the production schedule is on target and within budget. Offer solutions, and resolve problems relating to shortfalls on production targets.
• Assist the Producer in the staffing process by completing hiring paperwork, and managing the on-boarding process of crew. Monitor crew start and end dates, including freelancers.
• With the Production Manager, oversee crew timesheet approvals.
• With the Producer, manage portions of the budget as assigned.
• Manage the creation and maintenance of server structure & folders system for the production.
• Responsible for Shotgun oversight – checks that data and pages are accurate and up to date.
• Directly responsible for problem solving and managing the core Production Management team, including Production Manager(s), Supervisors, and Assistant Production Managers across the following:
• Storyboarding and Animatic
• Post Production
• With the Production Manager(s), Assistant Production Mangers, and department Supervisors, translate the Master Schedule into departmental micro-schedules. Monitor daily progress and report variances to Producer. Identify and elevate areas of appropriate concern to the Producer.
• Distribute required materials to Legal, Broadcast Standards & Practices for approval. Tracks approvals and alert Producer to any potential issues.
• With the Production Manager(s), create reports as needed by the Producer.
• Manage the Breakdown Analysis process:
• Oversee the evaluation of scripts and animatics
• Ensure shipped episodes are on target with scope
• With the Producer, be the main point of communication between the production and vendor
• Monitor production schedules, reports, and quotas
• Identify variances, report them in a timely manner to the Producer and collaborate with the Producer to create solutions
• Project subcontractor's needs and schedule shipping accordingly
• Ensure that appropriate turnaround times and retake quotas are met
• Ensure that production materials are archived as per WBA procedures.
• With the Producer, Editor, and Post Supervisor, identify and troubleshoot issues relating to post-production. Participate in the post process including but not limited to:
• Taking and distributing notes for vendor retakes, internal After Effects work, and color correct pipelines.
• Tracking of all shots through the post pipelines to the final online.
• Management of internal post artists.
• Assist the Producer to create credit lists and billing blocks, ensure their accuracy, and obtain sign-offs from all appropriate departments.
• Assist the Producer in fulfilling requests from Publicity, and Marketing.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Experience with scheduling and budgeting an animated series and/or feature film
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate assignments
• In depth knowledge and experience with Excel
• Shotgun experience a plus
• Must be adaptable and flexible when situations change quickly
• Ability to work overtime as needed
• College degree or equivalent