Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Lighting Technical Artist
Avalanche in Salt Lake City, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Lighting Artist responsible for creating exceptional lighting for in game levels and cinematic sequences. This is an individual contributor position, and requires a full understanding of core real world lighting principles, atmospherics, color composition, value composition and material properties. The lighting artist will effectively apply the necessary core artistic fundamentals of a AAA real time game presentation to enhance the mood, tone, look and feel of game levels and cinematics.
The lighting artist should have an understanding of materials and shader development with an ability to work with the art team to maximize the quality of the world and character presentation. The successful candidate will work to create and optimize UE4 light setups in addition to working with our proprietary time of day lighting system. Your work will contribute to the overall aesthetic beauty of our game.
• Identify processes and best practices for authoring and optimizing light setups.
• Responsible for implementing production tasks that establish and define the core lighting for a AAA multiple sku game in accordance to the style guide, and direction of the Director of Art/Principle Lighting Artist.
• Is capable of addressing assigned bugs, as well as submitting relevant bugs as they pertain to lighting Ensure lighting consistency across the entire game
• Work with engineers to create artist friendly lighting workflows which empower creativity.
• Problem solving game rendering issues with lighting, VFX and shaders.
• Provide training and guidance to art team.
• Stay current on the latest developments in rendering and lighting.
• Lighting experience developing in Unreal Engine 4
• Expert grasp of properties of light, color, mood and materials
• Organized and effective communication skills
• Solid work ethic
• Strong artistic eye
• Must be a team player
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkp6kp-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.