WarnerMedia seeks an Applications Architect for the Bus Sys and Enterprise Tech department. The Applications Architect is responsible for providing technical guidance, mentoring, and performance of services in the analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support of software applications across multiple projects for major business units and the enterprise. Leads technical solution design from concept to implementation and participates in the evaluation and recommendation of strategic solutions across a variety of technologies. Develops solutions and proves out concepts with various technology tools.
The Application Architect role in the Enterprise Technology HR Payroll and People Architecture team will be responsible for understanding a variety of technologies across multiple products and ensuring technical designs and implementations fit withing the strategy to be cloud focused and reducing technical debt. The team leverages several related cloud technologies comprising of delivered SaaS solutions and in-house customized multi-cloud developments.
General Architecture Duties
• Stay abreast of emerging technologies and with developments and product roadmaps for products like Workday in our portfolio
• Provide expert technical advice and assistance for multiple projects.
• Leads design, coding, and problem resolution activities as requested to ensure technical viability. Directs the work of others as requested and perform hands-on coding, testing, support, or other tasks as necessary to ensure success of the deliverables according to user requirements.
• Lead, negotiate, and facilitate the development and implementation of software solutions across technology and business areas.
• Assist management with the selection of a technology solution that is in alignment with enterprise-wide architecture/technology, creation of cost and time estimates, task identification, and sequencing of project events.
• Prototype and develop reusable components for developers and provide expert technical guidance and support to use them effectively. Assist project teams in assessing the technology environments and determining changes as necessary to ensure successful implementation of software systems. Work with other technology groups (e.g., identity management, cloud platform teams, server operations, deskside support) to implement changes.
• Provide input to the enterprise knowledge base via reports and other communication mediums regarding architectural standards, development tools, and development initiatives. Assist others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs.
• Measure, track, and report on development efforts across the team to facilitate adherence to acceptable development methodology and support of stated project, department, and division objectives. Assist management with the synchronization of project plans and deliverables as requested.
• Research, monitor, evaluate, and publish/teach groups regarding emerging technologies and trends internal and external to the organization on a regular basis. Recommend long-term technology solutions in accordance with an understanding of the methodology, architecture, business needs, and strategic success of the organization.
Workday Specific Duties
• Deeply understand Workday configuration, customization, the WCP/Extend module, Integrations, and Studio code in order to be effective in understanding requirements, design options, and customization capabilities to recommend solutions that may require both configuration, data modelling, and custom development design.
• Review and oversee developer's designs and fine tune them to match the best practices of Workday development and architecture principles within the WarnerMedia implementation and Workday best practices as a whole.
• Deeply understand Snow configuration and low-code customization.
• Learn the Snow platform related to Orchestration and integration services.
• Recommend solutions based on Snow, and customization options leveraging Snow API's, plug-ins, or delivered capabilities.
Integration Services & Architecture
• Oversee the technical model of data flows and integrations for HR People data and its connections within the enterprise
• Leverage best practices in integrations and API's to deliver and manage integrations
Cloud Technologies / Other Technologies
• The Architect role is expected to stay abreast of multiple developing technologies. AWS based services to use as accelerators to rapid development and implementation; Azure and Microsoft technologies (Azure apps, Graph API's, Net5 cloud development, serverless SQL etc.), and other cloud products as necessary (Snowflake, Snap logic, etc.)
• Integration, API's and Identity management. Oversee design of integrations and data flows using multiple API based technologies with API based technologies leveraging REST, GraphQL, etc. and APIM tools such as Apigee, AWS APIM, and Informatica cloud.
• Oversee security first based designs and design principles. I.e. Encryption at Rest, In transit, and secure key token management based exchanges and technology developments.
• Mentor applications development professionals to increase organizational skill levels in support of the division's mission, goals, and objectives. Conduct information-sharing and/or teaching sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming initiatives.
• Facilitate the sharing of knowledge across employees to strengthen capabilities and the organization's ability to respond to client needs
• Mentor, guide, coach, and support individual growth and technical skill across the technology team
• Recommend long-term technical solutions in accordance with an understanding of the methodology, architecture, business needs, and strategic success of the organization.
• Engage other technical subject matter experts across the WarnerMedia enterprise to solicit input, feedback, perspective, and (as appropriate) assistance.
• Generally, more than 6 years' experience programming with a modern development language, preferably with object oriented web and cloud based development. Java, Python, C++, .Net, SQL, or other languages/technologies. At least 3 years demonstrated success using tools such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, InterDev, SQL Navigator, etc. Demonstrated knowledge of code pipelines and CI/CD.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture. Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the software developer role across multiple, technically complex system implementations on both ''packaged'' and ''custom'' systems across the development life cycle.
• Demonstrated experience architecting technical solutions from start to finish from initial concept, wireframe design to production implementation
• Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs
• Demonstrated understanding of industry/business processes, such as HR, marketing, finance, etc.
• Demonstrated advanced understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (e., Oracle, SQL Server, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8nkp-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.