Director, Studio Business Operations
Prepares and reviews Residuals cast setups and payments to ensure accuracy and compliance with contractual obligations. Assists with foreign guild payments, claims and audit reconciliations as required.
• Maintains show folders. Gathers required documentation from the individual productions and from internal and external payroll companies including contracts, time sheets, cast lists, final credits, and pay logs required to setup casts in the AIRS system and enable Residuals payments to be generated.
• Analyzes AIRS revenue and airdate reports for reasonableness and researches discrepancies
• Configures casts in AIRS system based upon collected documentation. Reviews cast setup to ensure that proper rates and bases have been calculated. Depending
on payment schedule (weekly, monthly), prepare payments by Union and/or by market and review payments for accuracy. Makes necessary adjustments to cast setup or airdates and regenerates payments as needed.
• Reads and understands legal agreements and other related written correspondence to correctly interpret and translate contract terms into AIRS system configuration.
• Performs special projects (e.g. assist with audits, provide information for claims, perform system testing, process foreign guild payments) and attends department training, as needed.
• Person must be able to assess legal agreements, financial reports, data and overall business processes for reasonableness and determine when issues need to be escalated.
• 1 year previous accounting, audit or financial related experience required
• 1 – 2 years previous experience with participations or residuals a plus
• 1 – 2 years entertainment industry related experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience required
• Must be capable of quickly developing a good understanding of Residuals rules and payment triggers including how each aspect of cast setup (e.g. union selected, role selected, initial compensation, principle photography date, etc…) will impact the Residuals payments
• Must have ability to read and understand legal agreements with minimal training
• Strong planning and organizational skills required
• Strong time management skills to manage multiple tasks required
• Very strong analytical and problem solving skills required
• Very strong math and algebra skills required
• Very strong proficiency in MS Windows applications, such as Excel and Word required
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and management
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be a team player
• Must be able to work independently in order to meet tight deadlines under fast paced environment and work overtime, as needed
• Must be a confident individual who is a quick learner and self-starter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97254-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.