Analyst, Global Research, Insights & Analytics
WarnerMedia seeks an Analyst for the Global Research, Insights & Analytics - Global Brands, Franchises & Kids Analyst – DC department.
The Analyst on this team requires use of research & data that covers content/media, comics & graphic novels, digital & other adjacencies (retail, themed experiences, social, gaming etc). The Analyst will lead, with support, synthesized analysis and primary research (qualitative & quantitative) for key WarnerMedia associated series, movies and animation properties to help advance business goals for the Global Brands, Franchises, Kids, Young Adult & Classics businesses, specifically DC and its associated Franchises (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman, to name a few).
This role tracks and analyzes global data related to DC brand & IP performance, content & network performance including Nielsen data, show testing and content performance, movie sales & box office data, SVOD performance data including HBOMax data – all providing key strategic and actionable insights to key executives that are part of the DC team, including DC Comics, DC Brand & DC Franchise Development Executives. This role is internal business-partner facing and requires the ability to communicate findings verbally and through data visualization.
This role plays a critical role in constructing reports, analysis and dashboards, visualizing disparate big data sets with Tableau or Looker, in addition to creating narrative-driven presentations. It requires deploying analytical tools and metrics to help drive decision-making with actionable insights and predictions.
• Market Intelligence
• Build analysis and performance assessments for WarnerMedia Key IP, brands and TV shows (DC, CW DC shows, DC Kids Shows, DC Movies/Theatricals) via equity tracking, 1st party HBOMax data analyses, & by utilizing disparate big data sources (including but not limited to Nielsen, SVOD, social, digital, POS NPD data, external market research, and Warnermedia internal data). The analyst will synthesize key data points and will present to key executives.
• Testing the Strength of our content, via custom primary research that includes audience show testing/screening and focus groups particularly for Animated DC IP
• Understanding the position of our shows and brands in digital and tracking their performance (Youtube, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook) via digital metrics and social listening
• Help construct custom dashboards in Tableau or Looker and for presentation to visualize big data sources to provide business-critical analytics and strategic insight to drive Kids businesses. Communicate these insights concisely & visually for non-technical business partners (creative professionals, external partners, retailers, licensees & internal executives).
• Trend identification work using many data sources to create annual trend presentations that include global data related to macro world events, macro consumer mindset, digital trends
• Understand the potential of our IP in other adjacent categories, like experiences and consumer products
• Understand drivers of fandom for DC and its franchises, its competitors, and the superhero category; Helping the DC team understand their fans and exploring opportunities to not only maintain their core fan base, but also grow & expand to reach a broader audience
• Collaboration & Leadership
• Partner with Key Executives and their supervisor to tell impactful narratives and drive creative strategy for our TV shows
• Partner and collaborate with cross functional teams to create synthesized analyses that help underscore the strength of our brands, movies and TV shows
• Minimum of 1-2 years in research or marketing with an emphasis on measurement and relevant education in advanced analytics
• Some knowledge of data and digital analytics, Looker & Tableau dashboard metrics and programs
• Some knowledge of SQL and other programming software
• Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint skills required.
• A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to think strategically, work under extreme deadline pressure, be flexible in prioritizing workloads and have extreme attention to detail
• A team player with a proven track record of building collaborative relationships across organizations.
• An innovator looking for new solutions, willing to explore new venues to further business goals
• Skill set combination of quantitative, qualitative, consumer research, media and creative content development interests
• Strong understanding and curiosity for emerging analytics techniques and how they translate into actionable insights for the business
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Interest in giving presentations
• Motivated by being the Voice of the Consumer and being a consultative partner to key executives and the business.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yev7-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.