Technology Operations & Support Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Posting Job Description :
Content Protection and Analytics (CP&A) implements the WarnerMedia (WM) content protection strategy worldwide and is part of the WM Intellectual Property Centre of Expertise. The overall objective of the department is to protect WM's film, TV, sports, news and games content against piracy throughout the entire value chain, with a primary focus on Internet piracy in all its forms. This encompasses setting security policies for the WM supply chain, legal & enforcement measures, consumer education, new technologies and supporting the business units in their commercial activities.
The Analyst, Content Protection and Analytics role is required to work independently and with various levels of internal and external resources. The position requires a strong knowledge of the audiovisual industries, piracy, enforcement, and online investigative techniques. The candidate must be familiar with online piracy protocols generally for all types of content and be familiar with Intellectual Property piracy and enforcement generally. The position also requires strong internet investigation, analytical and computer skills and the ability to generate data/business intelligence reports in Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
The role will be responsible for undertaking content protection activities and generating analytical reports on a worldwide level, liaising as appropriate with international WarnerMedia and industry/trade association Anti-Piracy resources. Strong communication skills in English are required. Some investigations will involve foreign language sites/targets, most notably Russian and Spanish, so foreign language skills and/or the ability to use online translation tools is also preferred.
The Analyst must be able to work well with people at all levels both internally and externally and have the ability to work independently showing good use of initiative in managing online enforcement activities. Experience of working in an international organisation is key.
• You will support the manager of Content Protection and Analytics in the investigation and review of unauthorized use of WM content across all online distribution channels and quickly implement and coordinate appropriate enforcement measures.
• Be responsible for Maintaining, updating and/or providing input to internal and external online content protection scanning systems and vendors.
• Generation of business intelligence and analytical reports as requested.
• Coordinate as needed with external vendors responsible for monitoring for unauthorized copies of WM content online and implementing appropriate enforcement measures.
• Previous relevant work experience in an entertainment or related industry.
• Prior experience performing online investigation, data analysis and creating business intelligence reports is a must.
• A BA/BS degree (equivalent) is required (International business, Computer Science or technology focus preferred).
• Advanced knowledge of Internet protocols, online investigation techniques and/or IT systems preferred .
• Understanding of current piracy problem required
• Advanced knowledge of audiovisual industry development, production and distribution
• Software skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Tableau,
• Second language reading proficiency preferred (ideally Russian, Polish or Spanish)
• Knowledge of live sports piracy preferred.
• Knowledge of content filtering systems preferred (eg YouTube CMS and Facebook Rights Manager)
• Excellent communication skills; written and oral.
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to collaborate in a close team atmosphere.
• Ability to work independently and organize priorities to comply with deadlines.
• Ability to multitask and meet pressing deadlines under pressure.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must be organized and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and the same time.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be flexible and open to occasional weekend or evening coverage if required.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxo4k-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.