Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Analyst, Content Protection & Analysis for the Content Protection & Analytics department.
The Analyst Content Protection and Analytics role is required to work independently and with various levels of internal and external resources. The position requires a strong knowledge of the Video Game and Audiovisual industries, piracy, enforcement, and online investigative techniques. The candidate must be familiar with online piracy protocols generally for all types of content and be familiar with Intellectual Property piracy and enforcement generally. The position also requires strong internet investigation, analytical and computer skills and the ability to generate data/business intelligence reports in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Tableau. The role will be responsible for coordinating anti-piracy activities and generating analytical reports on a worldwide level, liaising as appropriate with international WarnerMedia and industry/trade association Anti-Piracy resources. Strong communication skills in English is required. Some investigations will involve foreign language sites/targets, most notably Spanish and Chinese, so foreign language skills, and/or the ability to use online translation tools is also required.
• Represents WarnerMedia entities at relevant working groups of trade associations handling content and anti-piracy enforcement
• Investigate, coordinate and update enforcement efforts, such as list of targets and associated enforcement campaigns against such targets; Works with VP of Content Protection and Analytics to quickly process appropriate responses to illegal/unauthorized pirate activity, both on the Internet or involving physical and investigate links.
• Conduct online investigation of sources of pirated content.
• Maintain, update and/or provide input to internal and external online anti-piracy scanning systems and vendors
• Generate business intelligence and analytical reports as requested
• Coordinate as needed with outside vendors and anti-piracy search firms responsible for monitoring the Internet and searching for pirate copies of WB content on P2P networks, FTP servers, portal sites, news groups, hosting sites, auction sites etc.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in entertainment or a related industry
• Management consulting or operations experience a plus
• Prior works experience performing online investigation, data analysis and creating business intelligence reports is a must
• A BA/BS degree (equivalent) is required (International business, Computer Science or technology focus preferred)
• Chinese language speaking and reading proficiency strongly preferred or ability to use translation tools
• Advanced knowledge of Internet protocols, online investigation techniques and/or IT systems preferred
• Understanding of current piracy problem required
• Advanced knowledge of Video Game and Audiovisual industry development, production and distribution
• Software skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Tableau
• Excellent communication skills, written and orally
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to collaborate in a close team atmosphere
• Ability to work independently and organize priorities to comply with deadlines
• Ability to multitask and meet pressing deadlines under pressure.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must be organized and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and the same time.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment