The Digital Marketing Administrator directly supports the Creative Manager, Social Media Manager, Domestic Director, International Director, and Senior Vice President within the larger Digital Marketing team across a variety of support duties.
• Provides day-to-day support to one of three global theatrical digital marketing teams.
• Assists with asset management including the utilization of FTP sites, Google Docs, and cloud-based file sharing programs such as Dropbox and Box.com.
• Supports Creative Manager in managing 3rd party vendors, legal and financial documentation, and overseeing the QA process for official websites, online features, contests/sweepstakes and online ad campaigns.
• Supports Social Media Manager in managing 3rd party vendors, social posting calendars, social graphic production, and social media support across various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, Tumblr, Reddit, Snapchat) including creating social assets, resharing across social, and monitoring fan sentiments on film channels.
• Updates trailer and featurette video view reports and communicates reports to senior management by-request.
• Coordinates trailer launches including ordering video assets, drafting CRM emails, posting to YouTube and social channels, and communicating with relevant WB departments.
• Takes notes in team meetings and updates progress docs to track projects across departments
• Assists Social Media Manager in moderating user comments on social pages.
• Organizes project status docs for team, including production schedules and project budgets.
• Organizes trailers, featurettes and TV spots for social post content.
• Works with finishing team to request necessary date tags for the digital rotation.
• Tracks all TV spots and digital rotation as new spots finish to provide to media team.
• Monitors talent's and partner's social pages for film-related content postings.
• Updates Team's Status docs with production schedules and launch dates, QA reports, talent footprints in social, new initiatives launched, and responses/reactions.
• Drafts SOWs and MSAs and coordinates PORs with accounting for both the Creative Manager and the Social Media Manager.
• Coordinates delivery of approved social assets to international markets for localization.
• Coordinates vendors (third party) by ensuring all appropriate documentation and deliverables are completed on time, and escalates potential issues to the team.
• Actively participates in team brainstorming sessions to identify unique ways of promoting upcoming films.
• Requests clean images from Creative and Photo teams for social and production use.
• Organizes script reading and story presentations for internal parties/ external vendors.
• Assists social manager with reposting on WB Official pages.
• Sends assets to the media team and social/production vendors via safe file sharing programs.
• Tracks and monitors social influencers' posts and input post links into the sharepoint legal database. Follow up with posts to ensure they retain legal requirements well past their original posting date
• Works in tandem with other team managers and admin to ensure all work is completed in a timely fashion.
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Marketing or related field
• Minimum of one year of experience in advertising, media, or entertainment marketing
• Firsthand experience with publishing across all social media platforms
• Familiarity with social platform best practices
• Organized and detail oriented
• Exceptional written, verbal, and communication skills
• General office activities – walking, standing, sitting, talking, lifting, typing, etc.
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to organize and prioritize workload effectively.
• Must have the ability to consistently meet deliverable deadlines in timely, responsive manner.
• Must have the ability to demonstrated a proactive approach.
• Must have the ability to maintain awareness of editorial calendars for multiple films.
• Must have the ability to contribute fresh, new ideas to execute on various social platforms.
• Must have the ability to work well with the team, be patient and collaborative.
• Must have the ability to work well in a fast paced work environment.
REMARKS: Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at anytime. In addition, the employer may consider whether the individual applying for or holding the position is qualified. There are two steps involved in this determination. The first concerns whether the applicant or current employee satisfies the prerequisites for the position. The second step involves whether or not the person can perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8838x-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.