Your New Role…
Reporting into the Social & Digital Manager, the Website Editor will spearhead the editorial strategy for our three UK websites: Discovery UK, Food Network and HGTV. Working closely with our digital marketing and SEO agency, the Website Editor will ensure we are showcasing best-in-class content - both across new promotional priorities and our archive content library to attract new audiences, increase user retention, drive traffic to discovery+ and maximize commercial revenues.
As a Website Editor, your focus will be in keeping our websites up to date by helping to produce and upload fresh content to draw in new audiences and keep users returning, whilst ensuring they reflect monthly marketing priorities and direct traffic to discovery+.
This role is based in our London office in Chiswick with some flexibility to work from home.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Manage our digital marketing and SEO agency to develop and deliver engaging editorial content and grow website traffic.
• Maintain website, using CMS to create and build out new content onto the website.
• Create and manage website content calendars that reflect marketing priorities as well as seasonal events.
• Work with the Social & Digital and wider Marketing teams to manage marketing priorities, input requests to creative briefs to implement cohesive 360° campaigns.
• Work closely with our editors and Rights Assistant to create short-form videos that will generate views and ultimately funnel viewers to discovery+, whilst adhering to company licensing and restrictions.
• Work closely with Ad Sales/Brand Partnerships to deliver and implement sponsored brand content and competitions. From participating in brainstorms and responding to briefs, to building content hubs and reporting results.
• Become a CMS super-user, work with developers to improve & enhance the UX & UI of the website.
• Oversee visual layout of content including images, graphics, artwork and videos.
• Take ownership of each individual brand's tone of voice across websites, ensuring that the personalities of our brands are ''heroed'' across all written content, providing consistency and attention to detail at every point.
• Working with Digital Strategy Manager to develop a ''test and learn'' strategy to ensure that our activity is engaging with consumers, using reporting tools such as Google Analytics (GA) to take learnings from the tests, encouraging return and improving the customer journey, to increase time on site and overall volume of pages visited.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Experience using a variety of content management systems, and managing front-end websites.
• Experience using analytics tools, for monitoring and measuring campaign success.
• Good understanding of the entertainment/broadcasting industry.
• Strong copywriting skills, with a keen eye for detail and a comprehension of the special prerequisites of web writing.
• Organised and efficient, with good communication skills.
• Confidence to propose new and different solutions to existing practices.
• Ability to remain highly focused and flexible while working under pressure on several projects at once.
• Ability to work independently to tight deadlines.
• Basic design Photoshop skills, a plus.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure especially when working to tight deadlines or on complex projects.
• The ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with colleagues across a number of departments and services.
• A love of reality and factual content is essential!
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpkeb-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.