Virtual Reality Technician (Harry Potter Flagship)
Warner Bros. is continuing to expand and evolve the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts with our Flagship Wizarding World store, in New York City. This store brings to life the magic of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts for all Fans and Super Fans of the franchise. Flagship Retail delivers incredible product, service and environments in spaces that truly celebrate the Wizarding World.
We are seeking a Virtual Reality (VR) Technician for the Flagship Retail NY location. This position will support the leadership hierarchy of the New York Flagship Wizarding World store by maximizing customer and fan engagement in an awe inspiring, best in class retail environment. One of the main responsibilities for this role will be to troubleshoot and maintain equipment to ensure a smooth customer journey across two location-based VR experiences.
• Consistently demonstrates a positive and seamless guest experience.
• Able to anticipate issues before they arise and take preventative measures to reduce.
• Able to step in to an in-world environment and use scripted points to expand customer experience while troubleshooting takes place.
• Computer, application and experience duties include ensuring that all necessary equipment is fully functioning.
• Follows troubleshooting guide to resolve technical issues and maintain a premium customer experience within the show.
• Observes shows via monitoring system, resolving experience issues remotely where possible.
• Maintains accounting of all hardware inventory and completes scheduled audits to monitor this regularly.
• Ensures scheduled audits are completed to monitor and prevent equipment damage.
• Completion of requested reports and customer feedback to continually enhance the experience.
• Maintain experience appearance to ensure that it is neat, sanitized, and well maintained to meet the Company's customer experience standards.
• Maintain additional uniform pieces to create in world experience for customers.
• Minimum 1 years' experience in Theater/Live performance production, Retail Experience, or IT/ technical related industry.
• Ability to problem solve and respond to department priorities and direction.
• Technical certifications within the IT and/or entertainment industries may be useful.
• Established time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a positive attitude.
• High attention to detail.
• Strong knowledge of software systems including troubleshooting.
• Solid understanding of hardware care and maintenance including ability to complete routine maintenance tasks as needed.
• Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including overnights, evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation for roles that will be performed in New York City. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $0.00 - $0.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpwqwo-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.