Warner Bros. Discovery is building unique Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) experiences around the world. Delivering products globally requires a robust content & metadata platform to serve as the foundation for content that flows to
our worldwide partners, networks, and distribution channels. As the strategic leader for this global content platform, you will partner with the distribution platform to power a transformation of Warner Bros. Discovery enabling the future of interactive & personalized video experiences for global audiences spanning 220 countries.
As the Product Management leader for Content Planning, Acquisition, and Management, you will work with Media Supply Chain engineering, Product Management, Media Logistics, Content Operations, and other stakeholders to define the strategy and build the tools to acquire, manage and preserve tens of thousands of hours a year of new content and hundreds of millions of library assets throughout the company.
You are an accomplished senior product management leader and have a clear understanding of how content is produced, distributed, localized, and managed in complex media companies. You are an expert on how the media industry is evolving to produce assets for direct-to-consumer services and you have direct experience working with or within major media companies who source and deliver the assets required to fulfill content to linear, direct-to-consumer, and licensees across multiple lines of business. You are a data-driven leader who understands how to invent and deploy new metrics to measure the success of our operational strategy, and use those metrics to prioritize a wide range of rapidly-evolving operational needs in a fast-paced startup environment.
• Work with a variety of stakeholders including operations, product, design, and engineering teams to gather requirements to drive operational tools and workflows for production management, content and asset acquisition, preservation, and archiving.
• Synthesize the needs of your customers and make proposals for simple, generic workflows and intuitive interfaces that enable Warner Bros. Discovery to manage content preparation for a multi-region application at scale
• Work with production management teams, operations, media logistics, marketing, and merchandising teams to conceive of, resource, and build features that simplify workflows and enable rapid global expansion
• Engage with engineering teams within Media Supply Chain and the Global Video Platform to build alignment around a vision for content workflows and advance your initiatives in a dynamic and rapidly scaling software development and operational environment
• Successfully iterate and improve upon the tools described above to enable Warner Bros. Discovery to rapidly scale its slate of existing and upcoming digital products around the world
• You have experience working on global software deployments with localization and regional complexity
• You have a deep understanding of media workflows, content management systems, and direct-to-consumer services, and you take pride in knowing where the industry is going next
• You have top-notch written and verbal communication skills, and are equally comfortable working with engineering teams and presenting your team's work to executive leadership at all levels
• You can appropriately balance the right north-star architecture, vision, and OKRs with the need to meet short-term business objectives
• You take a phased approach to delivering software. Iteration is in your nature.
• 8+ years of experience leading software engineering teams to deliver complex initiatives spanning multiple teams under deadline pressure
• You ideally have demonstrated experience working in major media production company or SVOD service
• BS/MS in Computer Science or experience in a related technical field
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $192,500.00 - $357,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebbm8-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.