As a VDI Infrastructure Engineer, you will be an expert in architecting, designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining our company's virtual desktop platforms. Our VDI footprint consists of VMware Horizon that are deployed on-premise and in the cloud; It is responsible for supporting a large range of business stakeholders and workloads from general computing to resource intensive development applications. The VDI Infrastructure engineer will bring a high-level of expertise in the administration of VMWare Horizon, Windows and Linux desktop operating systems. A thorough understanding of server hardware and OS architecture, advanced networking and advanced storage solutions is necessary in this role. You will be responsible for all areas of the VDI lifecycle including management, provisioning, triage, monitoring, and decommissioning of individual VDI's and associated technologies. You will document solutions ensuring best practices are followed and update stakeholders related to system changes. You will partner with peers and management staff on capacity planning analysis and monitoring methodologies. Concurrently you will also perform application installation and configuration into the respective application virtualization platforms while providing tier three support for applications hosted within said platforms. This position involves support of VDI technologies and end-users across various Warner Bros. Discovery locations across the globe.
To be successful, you will possess a unique blend of business and technical acumen; a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms vision into a reality. You must be willing to work as ''one team'': Building relationships with internal stakeholders, external vendors, all while contributing within a highly collaborative environment.
• Architect, build, maintain, and support virtual desktop delivery platforms based on technical requirements provided by application, systems, and business stakeholders
• Responsible for administering scalable virtual desktop infrastructure in both a private and public cloud environment.
• Manage and maintain Horizon View desktop pools, application pools, and user entitlements
• Handles Tier 3 (complex) issues providing advanced support and triage of end-to-end virtualized environments; Works with the vendor as needed
• Provision and configure VMWare vCenter, vSphere ESXi, Horizon, Unified Access Gateway (UAG), connection Servers, and end-user VDI desktop images
• Assist with critical patching and vulnerability remediations
• Create and maintain documentation. Maintain knowledge of industry best practices and latest technology trends
• Develop disaster recovery or business continuity plans
• Responsible for basic management of server hardware and storage solutions that power the VDI footprint
• Implement and use monitoring tools, patch management tools, and application management tools
• Troubleshoots issues with desktop images an associated systems for rapid response to the business units; accepts ownership of system issues and seeks timely resolution
• Ensure the highest levels of up-time and respond to system alerts quickly ensuring that all aspects of the virtual desktop infrastructure is at production levels.
• Collaborates with developers and other stakeholders to ensure software is performing correctly and efficiently utilizing best practices
• Participates in all application integration design sessions
• Other duties and projects as assigned and in a timely fashion
• Must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift, or on-call schedules when necessary
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or computer science discipline or equivalent experience is required
• Candidate must possess 3-5 years of experience in either a Systems Administration and/or End-User Computing role
• Experience in planning, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Horizon View, Connection Servers, and Unified access gateways.
• Experience with vCenter and vSphere ESXi is a plus
• Strong knowledge of Windows 10/11 Desktop operating systems as well as 2016/2019/2022 server editions
• Experience with Linux desktop operating systems. Server operating systems a plus
• Candidates should have a passion for scripting/coding automation tools and technologies that improve system infrastructure and provisioning
• Ability to analyze, optimize and troubleshoot system performance issues in a desktop environment
• Experience with server hardware, operating systems, advanced networking and storage providing high performance and robust application platforms
• Experience with Active Directory. MySQL/MSSQL a plus
• Knowledge and/or ability to comply with change management processes
• Preferred experience in Azure cloud environments and Horizon Control Plane 2.0.
• PowerCLi, Powershell, Python, and/or Bash scripting coursework or experience is desirable
• The candidate must have excellent communications skills in order to be successful
• Ability to organize information and produce technical and operational documentation for virtual delivery platforms
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
• Position requires after hours support. Candidates will participate in a 24x7 on call support rotation
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyzwx-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.