We are seeking a Technical Program Manager for our growing Ad Tech Engineering team in the Direct to Consumer group of Warner Bros. Discovery. Our work enables consumer-facing and backend ad technology for millions of viewers using our apps and websites such as HBO Max, discovery+, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, TNT, Cartoon Network, CNN and March Madness Live. This role leads multiple projects by managing the entire product development life cycle to create work plans, track progress and solve technical challenges to launch new ad features and support existing ones. We work across all major digital streaming platforms (e.g. Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android & iOS phones/tablets, Chromecast, Smart TVs, set-top boxes, web) and in many countries. We move seamlessly between managing projects within our Ad Tech team, projects across multiple WBD teams, and ones involving third-parties and distributors. We care about both the big picture to deliver revenue and the experience of each individual viewer and advertiser.
Who You Are
• Your DC superhero name would be something like The Organizer, Ringleader or Professor Pro-Active. People say you are the calm in the center of the storm - the person who knows the status of everything and why it is or isn't on track. They seek you out to lead projects because they know you'll make everything okay.
• You enjoy leading teams to turn feature requests into detailed technical project plans, communicate status with crystal clarity, negotiate trade-offs to maintain realistic schedules, keep work on track and successfully launch. You've managed software development projects, vendor integrations and other cross-team technical work for consumer-facing applications and/or backend services.
• You understand engineers. Business stakeholders understand you.
• You see every problem as an interesting challenge to be solved. You're able to help dig into the guts of technical products or logs to tell what needs to be done.
• You'd love to lead work on revenue-generating features for global brands that are a lot more fun than where you work today.
• Apply program management skills to ad projects, technologies and engineering teams.
• Understand the technical details of how our ad products work (what the APIs do, how ad requests are fulfilled, how our ad SDKs function).
• Communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, including executive leaders, and external partners.
• Create intellectually honest work plans with technical teams to break projects into manageable sprints, capture the steps involved and determine timing needed to accomplish goals.
• Report on program status and escalate issues appropriately.
• Expert at organizing information.
• Oversee Jira hygiene to ensure programs are organized with accurate status and flow smoothly from planning to release and post-launch support.
• Lead meetings with engineers, product managers, internal partners and third-party vendors.
• Work with globally-distributed teams of engineers, product managers and ad sales executives.
• Manage technical response to address urgent production problems.
• Flexible to work in a highly dynamic environment.
• The most successful candidates will bring an engineering mindset from several years of experience as a software developer or a technical program/product manager.
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technical experience.
• Experience breaking down complex projects into detailed work plans through collaboration across multiple engineering and business teams.
• Experience managing projects in Jira or similar systems.
• Experience with video advertising, digital ad industry best practices and privacy regulation is highly desired.
• Experience with mobile apps and connected TV platforms such as Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV is a plus.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written form with examples (start with your cover letter by telling us why you would be our TPM superhero).
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $129,500.00 - $240,500.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz6yy-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.