Warner Bros. Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, Warner Bros. Games Montréal, and more!
Technical Producer, Game Services
WB Games NY is looking to hire a Technical Producer.
As Technical Producer, Game Services you will be a key member of the WB Games central tech team (WB Games New York - WBNY), organizing and leading the team responsible for the development of WBNY's online game services platform (Hydra Studio).
Candidates should have foundational project management skills and an understanding of the development cycle that includes overall organization, processes, and workflows. Candidates should possess a strong technical aptitude alongside effective communication skills and the ability to adapt those skills across many different audiences (engineers, producers, executives, etc.)
This is a great position for someone with a strong background in production or project management, but with aspirations and strong skill sets in technology.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Become extremely knowledgeable on our back end service product, Hydra Game Services. Train yourself to understand the Hydra Game Services platform, leveraging the customer requirements and needs across all projects.
• Partner with the Technical Lead to manage day-to-day team production operation and assist with development processes for the team.
• Partner with the Technical Lead to develop the technical product vision and development strategy for the team.
• Improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting.
• Assess the team's health and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success.
• Increase efficiency in how we do development through simplification and standardization.
• Manage a product backlog (and associated roadmap schedule) that organizes the requests and needs of multiple sources. This includes our development clients, game release schedules, Burbank production, WBNY product teams, WBNY management, and internal needs.
• Become comfortable serving as a knowledgeable and trusted voice for the platform both internally and externally. Participate in regular meetings and conference calls associated with the support/use of WBNY's online game services platform (Hydra Studio).
• Develop trusted relationships with key platform stakeholders (both internal and external to WBNY).
• Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed. Address all platform-related queries on time.
• Provide your teams with customers' feedback to help identify potential new features or products.
Qualifications & Experience…
• A foundational knowledge of project management principles including project scoping, schedule, work breakdown structures, task tracking, project communication, status reporting, risk management, testing and quality management.
• Ability to communicate concepts, verbally or in written format, to other disciplines and interact with others as necessary to facilitate the completion of deliverables.
• Experience in software development working with engineers, designers, and producers to build features and products.
• Proficiency with business communication tools such as email, messaging tools, internal Wikis, and applicable applications in the MS Office suite
• Displays aptitude for quickly learning new techniques and technologies. Consistently provides quality deliverables within the expected time frame.
• Takes initiative in pursuing new assignments. May pursue new assignments and identify tasks.
• Develops relationships across own team and with peers on other teams for the purpose of enhancing knowledge and visibility of broader development process.
• Actively shares knowledge through peer mentoring and informal teachings. Learns from and receives guidance from more experienced employees.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj11kb-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.