Technical Director, Sports (Temporary)
• Your New Role:
• Technical Director (TD) for remote sports broadcast show.
• Your Role Accountabilities:
• The Technical Director will function as one of the technical leads for a production and is responsible for set up and operation of the production switcher and associated technical equipment in the control room environment
• Set up and operate production switchers and all associated technical equipment in a control room environment (occasionally remotes) during show build, pre-production, and taped/live events.
Orchestrate control room set up while simultaneously evaluating and assigning all video inputs taking into consideration timing and video levels.
• Collaborates with the Director and Producer to execute the technical and artistic vision for each production
• Lead the audio, graphics, EVS and Studio teams during production set up and coordinates the faxing of their equipment and show elements since their equipment and work passes through the production switcher. This pro
• Qualifications & Experiences:
• 8 – 10 years of experience as a Technical Director in major market television
• Must be able to technically operate various models of video switchers, digital effects devices and other associated ancillary equipment
• Must have strong leadership skills as well as great people skills since the relationship between the Director, Engineering, Technical Staff and other are paramount.
• Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
• Takes ownership and accountability for assigned projects.
• The Nice to Haves:
• Must be willing to travel from home market
• Diverse background in television preferred, including camera and/or video playback preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn5e6o-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.