Who are the GO-Tech team...
GO-Tech (Global Operations Technologies) are part of the Warner Bros. Discovery Technology group and look after the tech needed to run physical operations, globally. Their area of focus is around four main pillars:
• Tours & Retail
• Studio Operations
• Physical Security
• Real Estate and Mergers & Acquisitions
This role will typically span across the Tours & Retail and Studio Operations pillars. Tours & Retail supports our Global Retail, eCommerce and Tours businesses. Studio Operations are responsible for the technology supporting the smooth running of our Studio Operations facilities at Leavesden but must align to global strategies and initiatives.
As Business Analyst for the global technology portfolios within GO-Tech, you will play an important role in the success of those teams. You will be the business process expert, spearheading analysis and functional specifications for complex technology strategic initiatives.
This is a hands-on Business Analyst role with strong Project Management capabilities, working directly with BU process owners and stakeholders, as well as project and technical managers to ensure alignment of technology solutions with strategic roadmaps. The role requires excellent Business-Partner Relationship Management skills, as well as a good understanding of application infrastructure and system integrations.
This position is responsible for the development of functional requirements, process maps and relative BA/Project documentation. They will be conducting user interviews and lead workshops with project stakeholders to elicit functional requirements and designs for projects and enhancements. Upon establishment of the requirements baseline, they will use their functional knowledge to support the subsequent phases of design, development, testing and deployment. This position will also provide analysis on technology business transformation initiatives and associated business impact.
This a great opportunity to excel in a fast-paced environment, encompassing a diverse range of applications. You will have the chance to focus on initiatives within numerous business areas, across the whole application ecosystem.
• Functional expert, responsible for synthesizing technology solutions, through the interpretation of business requirements
• Requirements Gathering, Process Mapping, Capability Modelling, Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, Business Process Transformation, and Change Management are all critical parts of this role
• Responsible for BA deliverables through project lifecycle; inclusive of leading design sessions, building business scenarios for testing, reviewing test plans and ensuring the appropriate end-user acceptance testing is obtained and finally, ensuring the required stabilization plan for the solution is in place
• Champion business change in alignment to project strategy, to enable high solution adoption
• Identify improvement opportunities and contribute to project road-mapping
• Work with the business teams to identify key capability needs and identify potential challenges in realizing these
• Maintain excellent stakeholder management skills and sustainment of outstanding business partner relationships
• Assertively manage challenging conversations, maintaining transparency and trust with high-demanding business leaders
• Maintain understanding of changing business needs and the subsequent impact on process or technology
• Collaborates with technical resources and provide input to technical design specifications
• Liaises with internal & external technology teams, to ensure agreed business system features are properly implemented
Proven prior experience to successfully applying in-depth business analysis within both B2C and B2B environments, as well as a mixture of Digital and Operational systems will be of great value for the successful execution of this role. Prior experience in multi-geography implementations is required, due to the global and diverse nature of our portfolio. A solid understanding of complex application ecosystems with dependencies on digital product and financial integrations is highly desirable. Strong experience in any of the following will be considered advantageous:
• salesforce suite; implementations of Service, Marketing and Sales Clouds
• ticketing, websites, retail & eComm, warehousing, customer service and analytics
• operating within PCI landscapes
• dashboard tools such as Tableau or other reporting apps
• data lake structures
• working on projects with satellite project resources &/or vendors, across multiple time zones
• working within a high-paced customer-facing environment
As a BA, you will be passionate about your work and problem solving, with a motivation to deliver effective business analysis skills in projects that in turn contribute to realizing business benefit.
Flexible, resilient, driven and committed; you will exhibit a strong team orientation, with an innately proactive and not reactive approach to work.
Energetic and meticulously organized; you are expected to have impeccable communications skills and be able to balance multiple concurrent and/or conflicting priorities.
Available to work flexible hours between geographies to accommodate cross-time zone collaboration, as well as responding during off-hours to lead decision-making of critical issues is expected.
• Understand Business Processes & Requirements in-depth and effectively apply them to appropriate technical solutions
• Drive gap-analysis exercises where necessary and develop process flows for to-be state
• Contribute to BU Stakeholder Management and comms during project phases
Education & Qualifications
• Undergraduate degree -- preferred
• PM Diplomas / Certifications -- preferred
• BA Diplomas / Certifications -- preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzz871-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.