About Warner Bros. Discovery
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands, and franchises across television, film, streaming, and gaming. The new company combines premium entertainment, sports, and news assets with the leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
We are hiring a Senior Vice President of Advertising Product to lead the advertising experience and product capabilities of our streaming products, including Max, HBO Max, discovery+, our television everywhere products, and digital products across news, sports, and entertainment. This SVP will lead the advertising experience and advertising product capabilities of all digital experiences globally, including the ad-based customer experience, customer-facing ad product experience, and advertising capabilities, working closely with Ad Sales and Ad Technology leadership. This leader will lead advertising capabilities that accelerate and grow the business, while ensuring ad-based customers have a premium streaming and digital experiences on each ad-based product that fosters repeat and ongoing engagement. They will be a strategic partner to Warner Bros. Discovery Product, Engineering, Ad Sales, and Marketing teams, as well as the Streaming leadership, to build world class advertising experiences and capabilities for customers and advertisers globally.
This role will lead the vision, strategy, planning, and execution of advertising product experience and capabilities to provide world class experiences that effectively monetize the business while achieving high customers satisfaction and engagement. They will lead an Advertising Product team that starts with the customer and builds from there, and advocate for customer and advertiser needs vigorously through the product development lifecycle. They will design innovative and intuitive advertising experiences, implement scalable solutions, and ensure a world class end-to-end advertising experience. They will work with product and engineering leaders to prioritize, build, and enhance all advertising experiences and capabilities. They will establish operating processes to drive systematic improvements based on customer and advertiser feedback, needs, and behavior.
An ideal candidate will have a missionary zeal to increase access to WBDs products to millions of customers globally through customer-centric advertising experiences, and exceptional capabilities and opportunities for our advertisers. This person will combine bold and creative vision with data-driven decision making. They will have an insatiable curiosity, build for scale, and obsess about the both the customer and advertiser. They will persistently investigate poor customer experiences to identify the root causes and determine how to improve the experience. They are a leader that the team loves to work with because they inspire, develop, and care for their team members. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. This leader takes end-to-end ownership and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
• Partner with senior Product, Ad Sales, Engineering, Content, and Marketing leaders to determine the strategic goals, plans, and operating practices needed to monetize WBD products through advertising, while delivered a world-class experience for Ad Supported customers.
• Establish a customer-centric vision for advertising on WBD streaming and digital products that gives access to our products and stories to millions of customers, while effectively monetizing product engagement through advertising and providing advertisers compelling opportunities to improve their brands.
• Lead the planning, creation, and execution of an end-to-end Advertising experience and Advertising capabilities for streaming and digital experiences, including entertainment, sports, and other innovative use cases.
• Partner with Ad Sales leaders and teams to grow and improve the advertising business through high quality customer and advertiser experiences, and effectively delivering and executing on our commitments to advertisers.
• Work closely with customer-centric product, design, and engineering teams to create advertising experiences that are intuitive, compelling, and memorable for customers.
• Identify root causes of defects in the customers' and advertisers' experiences and solve these root causes through product and platform enhancements.
• Develop systems that effectively leverage data in a trustworthy manner to improve how we monetize the business.
• Leverage data and insights to determine enhancements throughout the end-to-end advertising product experience.
• Partner closely with Research teams to validate experiences with customers and gather customer feedback and insights throughout the product development process.
• Build a scalable team to deliver compelling advertising experiences across platforms, including mobile apps, tablets, web, connected TVs, and set top boxes, and adaptable for all countries globally.
• Hire, manage, and develop product leaders and professionals, helping them enhance their skills and grow their careers.
• Build an innovative, creative, and disciplined Ad Product team that builds trust, encourages collaboration, fosters a diverse and inclusive culture, maintains strong accountability, delivers results, increases employee engagement, and has fun.
What you will need to have
• Proven experience in product leadership in media, entertainment, technology, or relevant industries.
• Extensive experience in managing teams to deliver compelling product experiences, with responsibilities that include day-to-day management, professional development, hiring and retention, and coaching and mentoring.
• Extensive experience in developing compelling Advertising experiences for customers and advertisers, including products and capabilities that span multiple geographies and languages.
• Demonstrated ability to work with leaders and peers to evaluate new ideas, discuss advertising and product concepts, create compelling concepts, implement new experiences, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Compelling experience in Advertising, Ad Product and Technology, Ad Sales, and/or Ad Operations.
• Experience implementing Advertising Technology at scale across customer-facing experiences.
• Experience leading and driving systematic improvements across product and engineering teams.
• Experience building and leading diverse and inclusive teams across multiple work locations and functions.
• Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills. Can communicate the results of your (and your team's) work clearly to your audience.
• Advanced degree in business or technology is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0q0ze-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.