Director, Media Planning
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Manages the overall public awareness of the Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Pictures Animation brand.
• Monitors press activity and social networks, being especially sensitive to issues or matters that will impact Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line or Warner Bros. Pictures Animation's image, reputation or position in the marketplace.
• Facilitates and nurtures new and ongoing relationships with journalists and editors from all industry publications, film business and relevant popular news outlets. Communicates with outlets for press releases as well as cast or production announcements for Warner Bros. Pictures, New Line and Warner Bros. Pictures Animation projects and coordinates with key stakeholders to gather the appropriate information to be included.
• Identifies opportunities to enhance the leadership roles of executives across the Warner Bros. Pictures Group in the press and in the business community through panel appearances, industry trade lists and public appearances. Coordinates all interviews especially when involving members of the senior leadership team.
• Fields charity / donation requests for Warner Bros. Pictures Group executives. Works with the public affairs team to make requests and payments through the proper channels.
• Serve as an official spokesperson for the company as appropriate.
• Attends and participates in relevant staff meetings related to Warner Bros. Pictures Group projects.
• Support the Warner Bros. publicity team to ensure the best coverage possible for each WBPG film, including working premieres, covering relevant media interviews and public appearances.
• Responsible for developing strong relationships with filmmakers, talent, key vendors and executives.
• Works closely with all divisional press representatives on media situations that could impact Warner Bros. Pictures Group projects.
Qualifications & Experience...
• 10+ years experience in marketing and publicity.
• Previous experience directly related to the motion picture / publicity industry.
• Management experience required.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising, public relations or a related discipline preferred.
• Must have the ability to work effectively with publicity materials necessary for the coordination and management of publicity activities.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to interact with high level executives and filmmakers.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must pay close attention to detail, maintain confidentiality, and problem solve.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and meet deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2n42-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.