Your New Role
The supervisor will manage a team responsible for daily payroll tax and garnishment activities. This individual will prepare and review tax returns and declarations and conduct regular reviews of garnishments and determine if rules and priorities are applied properly. This individual is responsible for analyzing, researching and resolving moderate to complex issues and addressing related tax and garnishment inquiries. The Supervisor is responsible for providing technical expertise on tax and garnishment related issues while helping to ensure the Company's ongoing compliance with all federal, state, and local tax laws, regulations, and financial reporting rules.
Your Role Accountabilities
• Manage the operations of the payroll tax and garnishment function by developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local tax withholding, unemployment, and information reporting requirements.
• Direct the review and submission of data for tax returns and ADP filings, Form 1042-S filings, payroll related 1099 forms and California 592-B filings. Review and correct tax and garnishment errors identified in the periodic and quarterly data transmission and filing to ADP.
• Act as point of escalation and work to identify, track, document, and resolve issues and risks proactively with timely further escalation of unresolved items to senior management. Triage ticket requests in case management system for tax and garnishment issues. Provides excellent customer service in researching and responding to payroll tax and garnishment related inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
• Supports internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors, including audits with federal and state tax authorities.
• Review and update training materials on tax and garnishment processing and maintain internal policies and procedures in accordance with the law. Administer trainings on usage of Payroll Tax and Garnishment related systems.
• Support other projects and activities, as defined by senior leadership and/or enterprise activities, as directed and required.
Qualifications & Experience
• 7+ years multi-state payroll tax and garnishment experience strongly preferred.
• 5+ years of experience with one or more of the following: Workday, SAP, or PeopleSoft strongly preferred.
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Experience with systems and processes related to union payroll processing strongly preferred.
• Previous experience in a confidential business environment strongly preferred.
• Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus.
• Experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience strongly preferred.
• CPP, FPC, or CPA certification preferred.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to dissect problems and facilitate solution design amongst peers.
• Ability to implement process improvements to meet client needs.
• Ability to set and manage priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task effectively.
• Ability to work well within teams and effectively facilitate work between them.
• Ability to understand and develop business requirements.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite of tools.
• Advanced skills in data analysis using database, spreadsheet, reporting software.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
• Must be able to manage confidential payroll information and uphold the required security restrictions related to confidential pay details
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $72,240.00 - $134,160.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1oe2-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.