We are looking for a Staff Technical Program Manager to be responsible for coordinating the day to day development work for agile development teams partnering with the technical leads, developers, and technical product managers. Your role will be responsible for ensuring that the scope, deliverables, and timelines are met by managing all aspects of a project life cycle including project planning, development, change control, implementation, issue management, customer relationships, and team leadership.
• Define problem statements with data driven proposals, recommendations, and solutions; then drive alignment across all stakeholders.
• Direct engagement with senior leaders to identify near term improvements that are aligned with long term strategic goals.
• Provide knowledgeable feedback in technical discussions about solution design and implementation.
• Discover and articulate technical requirements and dependencies on development teams as deliverables change. These could include changes to APIs, interfaces, or the behavior of services or client devices.
• Extract and document implementation details in collaboration with cross-functional teams and identify roadblocks before they occur.
• Maintain a quarterly view of defined, prioritized, and scoped work for execution by engineering teams.
• Work with cross-functional teams to intake, define, identify risks, and schedule work to develop key features.
• Formulate a point of view on how proposed features align with business goals and our tech strategy.
• 8+ years of experience in Technical Program Management or a similar role (e.g., product management, project management).
• Ability to drive the definition of project scope and facilitate the collection of engineering, operational and business requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to target communications to executive leadership, and across the organization and to external partners.
• Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require definition from the ground up.
• First-rate project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with date-driven timelines and a solid understanding of risk management.
• Emotional intelligence to lead through influence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness.
The Nice to Haves
• Entertainment or media industry experience.
• Experience working with consumer facing products.
• Familiar with slack, email, web conferencing, Jira/Confluence.
• Ability to learn new development and productivity tools in order to continuously improve effectiveness.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $142,800.00 - $265,200.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rny5m5-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.