Staff Technical Program Manager (AI-ML)
The Direct to Consumer (DTC) Group is a technology company within Warner Bros Discovery. We are building a global streaming video platform , and a suite of applications to support all of
our brands globally. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of WBD owned networks (HBO Max, Discovery, Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend , Eurosport, Discovery Play, and many more) . This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to WBD's future.
Team and Role Overview
In the DTC group, The Content and Advertising Platforms organization is responsible for delivering first-class content to our global audiences, ensuring videos are rendered at the highest quality with no interruptions, and delivering the most relevant advertising experiences to our consumers.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the Applied Data Science and Machine Learning team, leading Machine Learning initiatives across Media Supply Chain, Video Platform, and Advertising Technology. You are the key connector between data scientists, machine learning engineers, and stakeholders from our content and advertising strategy teams.
In a growing AI/ML portfolio, you will be the key driver of execution of strategies, translating product requirements into iterative, measurable deliveries, while holding room for innovation and research. You have equal passion for solving the most complex problems facing digital media today, as well as getting in the trenches in building cutting-edge AI/ML applications.
You will be the glue between WBD's diverse Direct-To-Consumer platforms and the deep content library to create world-class entertainment and news offerings to delight our customers.
• Own the execution strategy for a growing portfolio of AI/ML products, executed by interdisciplinary teams across different organizational pillars
• Lead AI/ML products focused on the enhancement of our Media Supply Chain, ensuring the intelligent curation and automated distribution of content across our platforms.
• Champion the implementation of ML algorithms within our Video Platform to improve streaming quality and consolidate metadata for a dynamic viewing experience.
• Drive innovation in Advertising Technology using to enable smarter targeting and measurement, optimizing the content monetization workflow
• Establish and champion a development culture that emphasizes iterative development, experimentation, and continuous learning within the AI/ML and media spaces.
• Communicate clear milestones, timelines, and dependencies to business stakeholders, partner engineering teams, and senior leadership
• At least 5 years of in-depth technical program management experience, with a strong focus on AI/ML applications within entertainment media and advertising.
• Demonstrated expertise in leading ML engineering teams and managing data science projects that directly impact business outcomes
• Extensive knowledge of modern ML platforms and data engineering tools (VertexAI, SageMaker, MLFlow, etc.) coupled with best practices for continuous delivery and refinement, particularly as they relate to video streaming and ad tech systems.
• Exceptional communication and leadership skills to drive technical roadmap, agile software development, and objective-oriented AI/ML research
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, or a related field; a Master's degree or Ph.D. in a relevant field would mark a standout candidate
Your role at WBD will be about driving growth and innovation by weaving AI/ML capabilities through the very fabric of our technology stack. It's about enhancing the way stories are told, delivered, and monetized. We invite you to delve into our guiding principles at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ and to join us on this exhilarating journey where your work will lay the foundation for WBD's innovative future.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbyvnx-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.