Your New Role...
We are the team responsible for WBD's in-house real user monitoring (RUM) solution providing end-to-end visibility into the performance and health of user journeys in near-real time. Identifying, remediating, and preventing customer quality of experience issues becomes a big data problem when you consider the number of users, the number of actions they are taking, and the number of handoffs in the experience.
You will enable engineering teams, operations analysts, and site reliability engineers to make sense of streams of data for millions of concurrent users so we can understand what is going wrong and mitigate those problems before they become widespread outages. You will help us build out applications, services, and event stream processing pipelines that support the monitoring and automated mitigation of issues in our 24/7 environment.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Design and implement ETL pipelines that will act on large amounts of application health and performance event data
• Design and implement new storage related solutions to support data monitoring and analytics visualizations
• Design and implement tools and services to support developers in the debugging of customer-impacting issues
• Grow your ability to design, implement, and own critical features of a product used by millions of customers
• Get the opportunity to work in multiple areas of the product, both on the client-side and server-side
• Evaluate technical approaches and drive consensus with your engineering peers
• Use data to solve real world problems and improve customer experience
• Have access to experienced engineers as mentors and supporters
Qualifications & Experience...
• BS degree in Computer Science, or a related field with significant experience
• Extensive experience with Java 8 (or higher)
• End to end experience supporting stream and batch processing of high scale data pipelines used to drive customer facing services
• Experience with batch data processing using tools such as SQL, Snowflake, Hadoop
• Experience with in stream data processing using tools such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Flink
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (AWS, Google cloud, Azure)
• Have a solid understanding of common software data structures and algorithms
• Be a quick learner that can leverage surrounding resources to solve their problems
• Passionate about problem solving through software with a strong sense of ownership for the code that you and your team write
• Seeks self-improvement and is adaptable to suggestions and feedback
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with schema design and data modeling
• Experience working with low-latency, services operating in a 24x7 environment at scale
• Full-stack industry experience, or hands-on familiarity with both client and server technology
• Experience with Analytics Databases or Engines (like ElasticSearch, IronDB, or Prometheus )
• Direct hands-on experience with Kafka and Flink
• Experience working on VOD streaming products
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rebnn5-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.