VP, Product Security
Warner Bros. Discovery
What part will you play?
Here is what we are looking for:
A Staff QA Engineer provides technical guidance to the entire QA population as needed and partners with members of the QA team to ensure the quality of Warner Brothers Discovery custom and packaged software applications in meeting customer needs. This is accomplished by providing guidance, leadership, and execution of quality assurance activities for technically complex, mission-critical, and/or high-profile projects. Provides input and guidance into the strategic direction of QA policies and procedures. Candidates must have a technical background while understanding how to manage software quality, test case management and lead/educate/mentor the team on the ground. The position is expected to establish procedures, validate releases, and enforce quality standards for their team across several agile teams.
Here is what a typical day might look like as a Staff QA Engineer:
• Experienced in software delivery processes and ability to problem solve in efficient, business-friendly, creative manner
• Experienced in CI/CD process in building or contributing to automated testing frameworks, code reviews and development of POC's as needed
• Experienced using UI automated testing tools (e.g. Applitools) and proxy tools (e.g. Charles)
• Experience in using API testing, Load testing and security testing
• Experienced in developing technical documentation and hands on different technical stacks
• Knowledge of databases and ability to store and retrieve information via written queries
You are probably a great fit for this role if this sounds like you:
• 10+ year experience with QA methodologies, test plans and test case development, and the defect reporting process
• 6+ year aggregate experience across multiple connected devices/mobile/console and cross-browser/platform testing (Android and/or iOS experience is a must)
• Experienced in testing in cloud environments
• Review and analyze complex functional requirements and design, translate them into test cases, and prepare a detailed test plan utilizing knowledge of the functional application
• Lead and participate test case peer reviews. Revise plans as necessary and communicate to project team
• Provide guidance on the execution of the test plan. Execute test plan, which includes navigating through the application interface, service layer, database layer and recording defects
• Create performance tests as needed
• Participate and coordinate user acceptance test planning with the project team. Establish appropriate hardware and software environments for testing, monitoring customers as they test, and document the results
• Follow appropriate configuration management processes as directed to adhere migration standards. Responsible for the final verification of migration requests to ensure compliance processes
• Write and execute automated tests as appropriate
• Participate in project estimation planning efforts
• Recommend, develop, and communicate quality assurance processes and procedures
• Provide technical guidance in solving complex testing challenges
• Analyze software testing trends and new processes in the testing community and present those to the team. e.g, attending conferences, belonging to technical groups, etc.
Our culture is critical, and we are looking for someone that fits into it:
• Must be a helper, problem solver and a quick learner
• Takes initiative and works autonomously to achieve group objectives
• Must be a team player and team leader
• Realizes the importance of responding to customer needs promptly and seriously
• Highly responsive to the problems of internal and external customers
• Must be highly motivated and results oriented
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g61vj8-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.