Support of 24/7 365 television transmission facilities which provide primary network distribution and contribution resources to the News, Sports, and Entertainment divisions of Warner Bros. Discovery. The support functions include network restoral, problem diagnoses, quality control, preventive maintenance, installation, and documentation of sophisticated television transmission systems. As a Senior Transmission Compression Engineer, you will be responsible for the setup, configuration, and testing of new transport systems, as well as the maintenance of existing transport systems. Will also be expected to provide documentation of signal flow and procedures to support workflow. Participation in 24/7 shift coverage is expected. Interface with Warner Bros. Discovery engineering groups, end users, and personnel from Warner Bros. Discovery companies as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintenance-This responsibility includes diagnosis, repair, calibration and preventive maintenance of equipment and systems. Typically, the Senior Transmission Compression Engineer handles the more complex and/or mission-critical systems and may provide technical mentoring to Transmission Compression Engineers. A Senior Compression Engineer must have the ability to use and effectively interpret data from spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, transport stream analyzers, and other diagnostic tools. 30%
• Project Management and Implementation- This responsibility includes participation in the planning, installation, integration, and configuration of new or replacement equipment and systems. The ability to perform the role of technical lead for transport projects is required. 35%
• Quality Control-This responsibility requires the ability to ensure outgoing, and incoming signals and content are at the highest quality possible by applying best of business practices. In addition, this responsibility includes quality control of installations equipment and documentation utilized by the terminal gear rooms. 10%
• Customer Service-This responsibility requires that the Senior Transmission Compression Engineer provide the highest quality of customer service to our primary customers who include Teleport operations, Distribution technology, CNN satellites/SNG, TOC and the TBS networks. 25%
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 8+ years Compression Engineering Experience or Equivalent
• Excellent knowledge of IP networking, routing protocols
• UDP, unicast, multicast, switch configuration CIDR subnetting
• Deep understanding of Video standards related to transport (SD/HDSDI, ASI, IP, and other compression formats)
• Proficient in AutoCAD or Visio
• Mpeg encoding systems: Cisco, Arris, and Harmonic
• Studio, Network Operations, Television distribution, and field production experience
• IT Data certifications - Cisco preferred.
• Remote Monitoring and Control System experience (SNMP based)
• Excellent knowledge of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, J2k, multiplexes and conditional access
• Understanding of fiber transport
• Four year technical degree or 2- year technical degree with equivalent experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ow0k-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.