Your New Role...
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will collaborate with software application developers, security teams and other partners to provide operational engineering and support for multiple production systems.
Observability, security, operational reliability & stability along with instilling best practices within the organization are primary focus areas. The SRE position will drive constant improvements to our production systems while engaging broadly across engineering. Drive on engineering solutions which are tied to established SLA/SLOs that feed our key performance indicators across our sports platforms.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Design, build, test, maintain and monitor our AWS infrastructure
• Collaborate with DevOps and engineering teams to streamline and automate development, build, and deployment of our web services
• Isolate and remediate security issues
• Triage production issues in collaboration with engineering teams
• Participate in on-call rotations, project planning, code review, and technical design
• Identify and effectively communicate opportunities for improvement both within the team and with external teams
• Automate manual processes
• Design, evangelize and implement SRE processes for continuous improvements
Qualifications & Experience...
• Strong Linux & networking fundamentals
• Agile SDLC
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• AWS Security and remediation expertise
• Strong experience with cloud production monitoring/observability tools (i.e. SumoLogic, Splunk, New Relic, DataDog, ElasticSearch, etc)
• Experience working under SLOs/SLAs/Error Budgets
• Strong, hands-on experience with containerization / docker
• Strong Infrastructure as Code (IAC) experience Terraform or CloudFormation preferred.
• Chef or Ansible also a plus & ability to learn, build, and debug other programming languages
• CI/CD knowledge
• Previous application development a plus
• Git/GitHub administration
• 5+ years' experience across two or more of the following: web application development, Linux administration, networking, cloud security, systems architecture, test automation, and/or database administration
• 3+ years building and maintaining software systems with AWS, GCP, or Azure
• 3+ years building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines in tools such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, GitLab, etc.
• Experience maintaining AWS RDS / Aurora a plus
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree in related field or relevant experience
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $117,600.00 - $218,400.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxkyq-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.