New Media Designer
Warner Bros. Discovery
Sr. New Media Designer, PTE (Temporary)
Your New Role...
The Sr. New Media Designer is a Vizart subject matter Expert. The position is responsible for software architecture, integration, operations/engineering support, development in new software (u-touch/magic wall), as well as some of their typical design abilities. This position will work in conjunction with the New Media Producers/Magic Wall team as well as Viz operations support.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Develop design concepts and see projects through to completion and implementation on multiple platforms. This regularly includes the creation of innovative user interface solutions as well as testing and continued support for the created real-time graphics systems.
• Effectively communicate with Department Directors and Producers to coordinate production and distribution of design elements.
• Coordinate efforts with personnel in Editorial, Broadcast Operations, and Engineering on the delivery, implementation and quality control of new products and workflows.
• Develop unique scripting solutions for the Vizrt design and playout environments as well as the Design Vizrt infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose application and system-related issues and bugs.
• Assist in managing and organizing assets within the Vizrt folder structure. Design and animate scenes in Viz Artist
• Build templates and variants in Wizard and Template Manager, Trio font codes, style guides for produces
• Monitor air, verify pilots and fonts are working properly
• Works closely with creative marketing and master control, verifying they have the tools needed to build promo graphics
• Troubleshoot any Viz related issues, work closely with EGOs, directors, producers, and design team regarding workflow and new ways we can tell a story using Viz
Qualifications & Experience...
• 4+ years of television production or equivalent work history with extensive experience supporting live programming.
• Degree from accredited art program with emphasis in graphic design, web design, illustration, 3d animation, visual communications or related field, or equivalent work experience with a demonstrated knowledge of graphic design. Completed coursework in computer science is beneficial.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in a face paced news environment.
• VizArtist Proficiency: Template Wizard, Director, Viz Trio, Viz Ticker Client, Object Store. Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite. Cinema 4D
• Strong communications skills: Regular interaction with producers, design team and other coworkers is essential to meet scheduled deadlines. Ability to respond positively to critiques and constructive criticism. Ability to share curiosity and enthusiasm for broadcast design, and the news in general, with work colleagues
• Flexible schedule: Ability to work extended hours, including overnight hours and weekends as needed
• Reel is required, be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpe984-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.