This position is the department's software engineering Subject Matter Expert. The Sr. Graphics Software Engineer leverages an in-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine and computer programming to greatly enhance the capabilities of Unreal and tailor this powerful software to the needs of CNN Design. This role provides quick turnaround time for troubleshooting, often eliminating the need for support from other engineering groups and/or Unreal Engine vendor partners.
• Leads the CNN Design software engineering efforts and regularly partners with CNN BEST, CNN BIT and CNN Dev Team and CNN Design leadership, and vendors (as needed) - gathering relevant technical factors and partnering with appropriate teams and offering solutions and implementing solutions.
• Analyze and recommend improvements for the existing graphics core areas that have impact on improved graphics performance and newsroom workflow efficiencies and lowering costs for the business.
• Enables the design team to concept, develop and implement templates for highly complex storytelling graphics.
• Enhance Unreal Engine technology to develop products that advertisers can utilize across all networks.
• Leads projects working with Design leaders, engineers, and vendors (as needed) - gathering relevant technical factors and partnering with appropriate teams and offering solutions and implementing solutions.
• Analyzes and recommends improvements for the existing graphics workflows.
• Responsible for prototyping efforts on new technology & taking that to newsroom/production environment; responsible for ensuring that software components are robustly designed, programmed, tested, debugged and verified for deployment into the newsroom.
• Create custom software to improve Graphics department workflow and to support Newsroom-to-Air graphics workflow.; Proactively advance and update technologies and techniques across all platforms.
• Recommends and makes improvements on Unreal Engine system procedures, and serves as go to person, as the in-house subject matter expert in CNN Design for Unreal engine.
• Support Graphics department, Engineering groups, control room staff, and newsroom staff with Unreal Engine related issues.
• Represent CNN Design in small to large, company-wide technical projects, and making recommendations to senior CNN Design leadership in support of these projects.
• 5+ years of experience in graphics or engineering field
• 3 to 5 years - expert level knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Proficiency in building custom Blueprints for various visual effects, materials, and other scene component requirements, Back-end development experience
• Ability to determine technical requirements by analyzing user needs
• Ability to work under pressure, and deliver projects on time is critical; must be highly organized; ability to solve problems
• Prioritize multiple tasks in deadline driven environment
• Basic programming experience, and/or web knowledge is required
• Team player with attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and build upon existing software
• Must be able to work long hours and weekends when needed
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor of computer science from accredited college or university or related equivalent
• Reel is required, be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ne5m-3-235-195-196-42 in your application.