Sr Financial Analyst - Theatrical
Warner Bros. Discovery
I. JOB POSTING DESCRIPTION
Please only copy the left column when copying into Workday Job Description.
• Your New Role…
The Senior Financial Analyst – Theatrical FPA will be responsible for providing timely and accurate forecasting, reporting and analysis for Warner Bros. Discovery Studios, working with business finance counterparts to gather inputs and understand drivers. You will develop deep competencies in this area, providing business and finance stakeholders the required information for decision making.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Prepare preliminary forecasts for studio meetings and month end reporting.
• Reconcile actuals vs prior forecast/budget/prior year and provide variance analysis to explain performance.
• Work with studio FP&A to produce forecast, budget and long-range plans.
• Work with studio FP&A to evaluate financial impact of potential strategy decisions.
• Manage Ad Hoc analysis and financial data requests as needed, generating insights.
• Demonstrate and maintain high standards of accountability to deliver superior quality financial information on timely basis to business FP&A.
• Build strong relationships with business partner FP&A teams to enable the flow of information and knowledge sharing.
• Support development of systems, tools, and processes to facilitate efficient and accurate forecasting and analysis.
• Drive process simplification initiatives. Collaborate across boundaries and share best practices with other FP&A teams.
• Participate in meetings with business finance partners to understand forecast drivers and present prepared forecast and analysis data.
Qualifications & Experience…
• At least 4 years' experience in forecasting & analysis, finops or other relevant analytic business experience.
• Strong English verbal and written communication skills (must have).
• Strong proficiency in excel and other data analysis techniques. Demonstrated experience in financial modelling.
• Critical thinker and strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues, articulate findings and present optimal solutions.
• Proven ability to build confidence and trust with department members and external business partners.
• Experience working accurately and efficiently with high volumes of data under strict deadlines.
• Solid understanding of entertainment business preferred (Gaming Industry).
• Strong Accounting knowledge preferred.
• Essbase, SAP, Tableau experience preferred.
• Role based in Hyderabad, India; APAC market experience preferred.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please explain in specific detail the main responsibilities of this position. Explain not only what is done, by why it is done (and/or for whom). Also include examples and note tools or equipment used to accomplish the duty. % time spent
• Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual forecast process for the Theatrical segment, including revenue accruals review and forecasting, licensed revenue analysis and ongoing market trends. Review and forecast costs for new and ongoing projects and analyze trends where needed. Demonstrate and maintain high standards of accountability to deliver superior quality financial information on timely basis to Theatrical FP&A.
• Reconcile actuals vs prior forecast/budget/prior year and provide variance explanations. Conduct Ad Hoc analysis as needed. Participate in assigned Theatrical meetings such as, but not limited to: Monthly Close / Accruals / Forecast / Quarterly Business Revenue / Budget.
• Ensure effective communication with local stakeholders. Demonstrate solid communication skills to build and foster business relationships with business stakeholders.
• Support development of systems, tools, and processes to facilitate efficient and accurate analysis. Seak for constant process and routines improvements in the duties and task under its scope. Prepare ad-hoc analysis for Theatrical FP&A Finance and Business Stakeholders.
Where applicable, provide information about the size of the organization managed, operating budget, revenue accountability, or other quantitative data pertinent to this position QUANTITATIVE INFORMATION
IV. DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
If this job has managerial or supervisory responsibilities, please check all that apply.
Input Into Recommendation Makes Recommendation Has Final
Approval Not Applicable
Setting work goals, objectives and standards to be achieved X 0
0Establishing work unit budget 0
Approving unbudgeted expenditures 0
Approves salary changes for employees 0
Counsels and disciplines employees 0
Authorizing promotion, demotions or discharges 0
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv0on-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.