Senior Vice President, Tax
Warner Bros. Discovery
New York, NY
Your New Role...
• Employ critical thinking skills in all aspects of audits, consulting type engagements, analytics projects and various IA projects.
• Execute audits leveraging both audit principles and standards as well as innovative ways to provide insights to the business through more agile audit approaches.
• Work hand in hand with the IA Analytics & Automation team to ensure analytics are employed in each engagement.
• Execute consulting engagements with a focus on analysis and assessment of the control environment.
• Employ leading edge knowledge and audit techniques to improve the audit process.
• Develop and maintain quality relationships across the business.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Identify and call attention to financial, operational, compliance and reputational risks through assurance and consulting activities.
• Work in cross-functional teams including compliance, legal, finance, IT, HR, sales and operations to provide expertise.
• Lead ad hoc analyses of financial and IT data to assist various areas of the audit function.
• Design and execute audit programs, operational process reviews and reviews of financial processes and controls, system implementations, and applications.
• Prepare audit reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations.
• Interpret the significant of audit findings, conclude on findings and make practical recommendations for remediation.
• Apply critical thinking skills and demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret data.
• Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, navigating ambiguity while managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent leadership, problem solving and communication skills.
• Committed to continuous improvement and innovation, change mindset, agile.
Qualifications & Experience...
• 4+ years of experience in accounting and auditing roles in the media industry.
• Self-starter who can work independently and spearhead projects.
• Experience working with data analysis and visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau) a plus.
• Experience working in a dynamic, results-driven environment.
• Excellent team player.
• Strong relationship building skills.
• A service-oriented mindset with outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of business processes, critical thinker able to deal with complex, ambiguous processes.
• Leverage critical thinking and problem statement definition, decomposition, and problem solving to ensure efforts are focused on delivering impactful and actionable outcomes.
• Collaborate across cross-functional stakeholder teams, managing opportunities and challenges that improve processes and help stakeholders become more data savvy.
• Communicate and visualize insights to multiple levels of stakeholders with clarity, informed decision-making.
• Experience in the media industry a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Auditing, Information Systems or equivalent practical experience.
• Finance professional qualifications (CPA, ACCA etc.) or professional audit certifications (CIA, CISA etc.) preferred but not required.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $72,247.00 - $134,172.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw50yj-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.