Sr. Accountant, Controllership R2R, Consumer Products (WBCP)
Your New Role...
This Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Senior Manager, GBS and play an integral role in the day-to-day support of the General Ledger Management related to worldwide licensing operations using various systems (Oracle, LMSi, SAP and Tableau) and advanced Excel worksheets. Duties include general ledger stewardship for assigned territories/agents, month end closing, theme park accounting, consolidation of actual results and preparation of statements and analysis (including F/X Analysis & Revaluations). Responding to audit requests from our Participations Group and Internal and External Auditors will also be a task. This role will also be responsible for working closely and reviewing work from our shared services team in India (SDC). There is a great opportunity to incorporate process improvements and standardization of processes and support the Technology Upgrade program in partnership with the Business Unit.
Your Role Accountabilities...
Provide support for month end close activities including: trial balance review, journal entry adjustments, proper posting of revenues, system reconciliation, AR aging analysis and other related GL account analysis.
• Analyze and review financials on a global business or process level to ensure a consistent global approach.
• Use independent judgment to prepare journal entries that impact the Company's financial statements.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting rules to properly interpret and determine applicable accounting treatment.
• Ensure GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) are implemented and adhered to for respective BU.
• Support in the strategic direction for the process (e.g., revenue, reserves, reporting, etc.) and help drive forward with execution of standardization and improvements
• Responsible for establishing and ensuring timeliness of overall monthly close activities and accuracy of close processes
• Quarterly Deliverables to Consolidation Financial Reporting Team pertaining to Footnotes, Balance Sheet Analysis & Supplementals
• Monthly AR Securitization Reporting involving collection data and performing analysis prior to submitting files to consolidation group
• Royalty Accounting.
• Interact and maintain the highest level of customer service with Business Unit operations and 3rd parties (licensees, auditors, etc.) who rely on the accuracy and timeliness of the information provided.
• Coordinate & review deliverables with SDC team and confirm all items are done in a timely manner meanwhile managing expectations
Third Party Reporting & Audit Support
• Prepare statements that support reporting obligations for third party representation related to: assigned titles, Name & Likeness, Separated Rights and any adhoc participation analyses required that supports third party reporting obligations.
• Support all constituents performing audit activities surrounding WBCP processes (Financial Statement Audits, Statutory Audits, FCRA Audits & Tax Audit-Related requests.
• Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley cycle documentation, audit testing, identify areas of control risk and design and recommend mitigating control procedures.
Financial Systems Support & Other System Enhancement Related Activities
• Assist in the enhancements/testing of systems to support the day- to-day transactions of GL management and to improve financial operations.
• Assist with UAT Testing and work closely with BU Global Ops Team
Other Special Projects, Training SDC Team and Ad Hoc Requests
• Provide training to internal and SDC on various topics
• Identify and recommend improvement opportunities to drive efficiencies in the organization.
• Assist in Ad Hoc projects for Senior Management.
Qualifications & Experience...
• Minimum 3+ years of Public Accounting experience (preferred)
• Experience in a large, dynamic & fast paced corporate environment
• GAAP and SEC reporting
• Experience in month, quarter and year end close processes
• Experience in general accounting, financial analysis and contract revenue reporting
• Industry experience in entertainment, consumer products and/or retail services
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum 3+ years relevant work experience in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA preferred
• MBA preferred
• Demonstrated PS skills to include accessing the mainframe, SAP systems and utilizing various software packages to provide, retrieve, update and analyze financial data. Such software includes:
• MS Excel (Advanced Formulas)
• MS Word
• Desire to produce accurate, reliable and high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Genuine interest in dealing with personnel that possess varying levels of financial expertise.
• Ability to lead projects and bring them to a successful conclusion.
• Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff, management and customers.
• Self-starter and innovative thinker.
• Ability to work independently and knowledge of when to communicate updates.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities with a professional attitude and to deliver professional results.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $66,364.00 - $123,248.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6118q-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.