Position: Software Development Engineer II
Location: Burbank, CA
Warner Bros. Discovery's DTC technology and product organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery's continued growth, building world-class products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
We are hiring Software Development Engineers to join our team in Burbank, CA. The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment in making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers.
About the team
The Trust and Safety team is responsible for providing a rich portfolio of privacy, fraud, and abuse prevention solutions to end customers wherever they are located across the globe. These global solutions range from privacy compliance services for consent management, individual rights request management to client and server-side fraud and abuse detection and prevention tools. The Trust and Safety team is responsible for integrating these services and tools into a global, multi-tenant, direct to consumer product platform.
The Trust and Safety solutions are business-critical, top-tier services that can't afford any downtime and must be highly scalable with prime-time events with millions of viewers.
• You play a leading role to design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers. You make good decisions when to build new and when to extend existing. You are known for your subject matter expertise
• Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
• You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment in making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers and your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
• You can troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace, etc to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it. You can identify root causes and identify learnings to improve both development processes and system design.
• 5+ years of experience developing solutions in Java, NodeJS, Golang
• Experience in backend software development, building micro services, event driven architectures/solutions using Kafka
• Usage and deep understanding of Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS services
• Experience building, operating, and truly owning services. Implementing alerting, metrics, and logging using Prometheus, CloudWatch, Kibana, PagerDuty.
• Experience using version control, package management, and build systems such as GIT, NPM, Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Grunt
• Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance)
• Experience with frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS is a plus
• DevOps experience (AWS preferred) architecting, configuring cloud technology stacks (Compute, Network Security, API Gateways, VPCs, CDNs, Kafka/MKS, Kubernetes, Fargate/EKS , Jenkins configuration, CI/CD configurations etc., is a plus.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpw59x-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.