Software Development Engineer I - Web ( ATVE Team)
Software Development Engineer I - Web, Bangalore
About Warner Bros. Discovery:
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines Warner Media's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Warner Bros Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com
Meet Our Team:
We are the Product Engineering group for Direct-2-Consumer business, and responsible for building video streaming Mobile & OTT applications for TVE/GO brands (18 channels in total!). Our front-end teams build user experience for search, catalog, video streaming, personalization, subscriptions, payments, and really much more.
The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable Android apps that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers.
• Build product features in close collaboration with product and business mandates
• Contribute to the feature roadmap of the Android ecosystem of devices
• Advocate best practices for App development and also lay down best coding practices
• Work with internal and external stakeholders in developing and designing the app.
• Initiate, lead and execute work on proof of concepts and help identify the ways to scale/integrate them in the app
• Own all aspects of the product development from concept, and drive it through development, testing, acceptance, adoption and iterative changes
• Carry out engineering development with a strong focus on error handling, performance monitoring and metrics across the app. Some of the key metrics are Performance Uptime, Re-Buffering rates, Time Spent on the app, App Store Rating among other measures of product stability and excellence.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 1-4 years' experience in developing Web 2.0 applications in React.js
• Familiar with Web Service Integration (REST, JSON) and REST concepts
• Experience in DevOps/SRE practices such as CI/CD, performance monitoring & incident management
• Experience in Hosted Web App development is a strong plus
• Strong computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Self-confident self-starter – proactive in setting and meeting goals, with limited supervision
• Good verbal & written communication skills
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ovz7-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.