Software Development Engineer III - Roku (D+ Team)
Software Development Engineer III -Roku ,Bangalore
About Warner Bros. Discovery:
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines Warner Media's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Warner Bros Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com
Meet Our Team:
We are part of Core Streaming products group for Direct-2-Consumer business and responsible for building and maintaining video streaming Mobile & OTT applications for Discovery Plus platform. Our front-end teams build user experience for search, catalogue, video streaming, personalization, subscriptions, payments and much more.
We are hiring a Software Development Engineer III to join our Roku team. As a senior-most engineer directing this area, you will focus on the challenges of delivering primarily Roku and web-based applications for Desktop, Mobile browsers, and Connected TVs (e.g., Samsung, Xbox). If you have a passion for how Roku/Web applications should be built, are interested in upcoming web standards, and care about making it easier to secure data and applications of all different sizes and types, we'd love to talk to you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
• You are very hands-on and capable of playing a leading role to design and develop major functional changes to existing software systems, or new ones, involving yourself and other engineers.
• You provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
• You make high impact decisions driving how and what software gets built. Your decisions are often right, and you are persuasive in delivering your suggestions and ideas to your team.
• You mentor junior engineers, overseeing their designs, code quality, and integration into a team. Your success is judged as much on your own productivity as on the positive impact you have on engineers around you.
What to Bring:
• 9 - 13 years of overall experience in application development with 4+ years on Roku Applications development using Brightscript.
• Experience in DevOps/SRE practices such as CI/CD, performance monitoring & incident management
• 4+ years leading junior & mid-level developers (providing coaching, mentoring, setting goals, and recruiting talent).
• Hands-on expertise in disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience leading OTT applications is a strong plus.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8p6ok-3-236-207-90-42 in your application.