Warner Bros. Discovery's DTC technology and product organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery's continued growth, building world-class products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
We are hiring Software Development Engineers to join our team based in Bellevue, WA. The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment in making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers.
The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable systems that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team's strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions. You provide mentoring to other engineers. Your written and oral communication skills are superb.
• Scope & Complexity - You have subject-matter expertise related to one or more production software systems and demonstrated a pattern of shipping high quality feature changes in those, or similar, systems.
• Decision Making - You are able to lead the design and development of more complex feature enhancements involving yourself and one or more additional engineers. You solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
• Execution - You need little oversight to work within the team's software development lifecycle practices. You can help newcomers to be productive with the team's processes. You deliver high-quality results the first time and improve code, documentation, and results with each iteration.
• Operations - You think about the long-term health of your code, your monitoring, your alerting, and your documentation. You nurture all of these in parallel to your software development responsibilities.
• Influence - You are persuasive in influencing your peers through code reviews or design reviews. Your team trusts your work and the feedback that you give to them on their work.
• Communication - You are an effective communicator as exemplified by your technical documentation, and your interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams
• 5+ years of experience with iOS application development. Preferably Video playback and Media Services applications. Excellent programming skills in Swift and Object C
• Experience working with X-Code, Cocoa pods
• Experience building Video Player SDK (player UI controls, overlays, support for Airplay/Chromecast, Live playback, DRM, Ads, Events)
• Familiarity with Playback Api and backend integration
• Experience working with MUX data analytics and New Relic tools. Familiarity with Player KPI's and metrics
• Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, design patterns, building maintainable code, performance)
• Proficiency with optimizing for performance, scalability, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, debugging, and troubleshooting
• Experience with 3rd party API consumption
• Define and maintain Pager duty alerts and thresholds. Participate in Pager duty calls and bug triaging.
• Work closely with Client teams, Product, TPM's and a geographically distributed team.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $85,890 - $159,510 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz59j-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.