SDE II - HWA , Bangalore
About Warner Bros. Discovery:
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines Warner Media's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
For more information, please visit www.wbd.com.
Meet Our Team:
The Player team strives to provide high-quality, unbreakable video playback experience to our end-users globally. This team will power rich media experiences in DTC product offerings like D+ (all countries), Motor Trend, Eurosport, Magnolia etc. The Player team has sub-platforms such as Web/Chromecast, HWA (Hosted WebApp/ CTV's), Roku TV, IOS and Android.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Build product features in close collaboration with product and business mandates
• Contrib ute to the feature roadmap of the Web/HWA ecosystem of devices
• Advocate best practices for application development and lay down best coding practices
• Work with internal and external stakeholders in developing and designing the application.
• Initiate, lead and execute work on proof of concepts and help identify the ways to scale/integrate them in the application
• Carry out engineering development with a strong focus on error handling, performance monitoring and QoE metrics across the application
• Provide guidance on design, coding, and operational best practices, and have a track-record of applying these best practices to software that you have worked on. You can propose and create best practices proactively where none exist.
• Utilize your deep experience and problem-solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues as well as participate in a shared on-call rotation
What to Bring:
• Minimum of 4-7 years developing client-facing applications for Web/HTML5.
• Experience in working with variety of STB's, Connected TV's and embedded devices
• Extensive troubleshooting techniques to address memory, CPU challenges in low/mid end STB's for video streaming applications.
• Working knowledge on open-source web players like Shaka player, hls.js is preferred
• Experience in media frameworks (gstreamer, OpenMAX- optional), video codecs, streaming technologies (HLS/DASH) and/or Ad tech preferred.
• Experience building OTT streaming experiences is preferred.
• Strong computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Self-confident self-starter – proactive in setting and meeting goals, with limited supervision
• Good verbal & written communication skills
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d54787-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.